Have you done Singapore to Hong or reverse?

Nana4x

We are wanting to sail on Quest Feb.6, 2010, Hong Kong to Singapore.

If you sailed this itinerary in Jan or Feb of 2009 did you post a review?

Please reply with the link.

If you sailed this itenerary did you use PRIVATE GUIDES for shore excusrions?

Please share the contact information.

IF you are booked for 2010 - once we get back from our Tauck tour at the end of June I'll set up a roll call if one has not been started by then.

You can post replies to CC and/or email us privately info@thepurplesagecom

Hi...back recently from HAL cruise Singapore to Hong Kong. We used Bangkokdaytours for an overnight in Bangkok. They were fine...it was a bit crazy as that was the latest protest time...changed our plans a bit but the guides took us to other places we loved. check out magillsasiatrip2009.shutterfly.com password tina

fascinating area..love to return to Bangkok and explore Vietnam more.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi...back recently from HAL cruise Singapore to Hong Kong. We used Bangkokdaytours for an overnight in Bangkok. They were fine...it was a bit crazy as that was the latest protest time...changed our plans a bit but the guides took us to other places we loved. check out magillsasiatrip2009.shutterfly.com password tina

fascinating area..love to return to Bangkok and explore Vietnam more.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing -- can you tell me what you did on your overnight in Bangkok and what hotel you stayed at. I am wanting to set up our private tours.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, we did the Christmas/New Year's 18 night from Singapore to Hong Kong this year. It was a fantastic trip. We booked several tours through the ship - which we thought were cheap compared to caribbean shore excursions - always included great meals as well. This is a port intensive cruise with long tours...be prepared. There is not much in terms of entertainment on the ship as people are more focused on the destinations and getting to bed early to prepare for the next day. Wonderful itinerary - especially Vietnam. We docked right in Bangkok, not sure if you will be doing so again next year....heard they might be docking further out with the other ships now with a couple hour drive in. The Captain was fantastic, and as far as I"m concerned, this is the only ship to do this itinerary with - was able to sail up all the rivers due to its size, which was perfect for everything you'll need. Enjoy!

Can anyone that has done this one advise how far Klong Toey is from Central Bangkok. We are doing this cruise in reverse 23rd Jan 2010 and are looking at tours and since there was a mention of a hotel for an overnight tour wondered whether it would be worth using some hotel points I have to book something for the night to make the most of the short stay there

Can anyone that has done this one advise how far Klong Toey is from Central Bangkok. We are doing this cruise in reverse 23rd Jan 2010 and are looking at tours and since there was a mention of a hotel for an overnight tour wondered whether it would be worth using some hotel points I have to book something for the night to make the most of the short stay there

We are on the same cruise as you. Everything that I have read says that Klong Toey is close to central Bangkok unlike the port used by larger ships. I've read everything from "right in the heart of Bangkok city" to 20 minutes away. The port at Laem Chabang is about two hours away, which leads some people to overnight in the city.

If it is the same port that we went into this year, it is about 20-25 minutes downtown depending on the traffic. If you havent' been to Bangkok before, I would recommend you just book the ship's shore excursion which covers the grand palace, river boat ride to see the city by river etc. It includes lunch on the river at a nice restaurant as well. It was a good excursion to see all the major sights. The ship also offers shuttle service downtown if you want to go back later or on the 2nd day to just do some shopping etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few questions for Sunandfun, Were there many college age 20-21 year olds on this cruise last year? Also did people dress up more for Christmas and New Years? Did you do a review on your cruise? Thank you very much :)

Sorry, didn't post a review...meant to but just didn't get around to it. The demographic on board was older, well-traveled types...a few in their 20s (mostly traveling with their families...but don't expect many). I wouldn't let that discourage you though...everyone was young at heart and i thought the older passengers were more interesting to talk to. No, I wish people had dressed up for Christmas and New Year's - we certainly did but were definitely in a very small minority. This ship is VERY casual at all times.

Archived