Carry on Golf Clubs?

Sailaway123

We have played courses all over the world, but have never take our clubs on the cruise with us. This time we are sailing from our home port of New York and would like to take them. Has anyone checked their golf bag or did you carry them on yourself? We are sailing on Carnival and we get VIP boarding. We were hoping to send them off with our other luggage, so we don't have to lug them around while we are waiting on the Lido deck until the cabins are ready.

Thanks in advance for your advise!:)

DH has taken his clubs a couple of times, and gave them to the porter with the rest of our checked luggage. Of course, they were in a nice softsided carrier that was locked. If you're planning to board early, you may not be able to get to your cabin for a while, so not sure I'd want to carry those around for an hour or 2!

Thanks for the help. I will make sure the DH locks the travel bags. Carnival gave us a free upgrade to a suite, which is another reason we are thinking of taking the clubs. There is lots of room in that cabin.

EJ

Thanks for the help. I will make sure the DH locks the travel bags. Carnival gave us a free upgrade to a suite, which is another reason we are thinking of taking the clubs. There is lots of room in that cabin.

EJ

The suite will definitely eliminate my concern for crowding the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

My Husband took his clubs a year ago because he had been in Las Vegas first with them. They were checked like other luggage. He found them waiting to go to our room and took them in himself. We had a mini suite and they fit in the corner just fine. There were about 10 other people with clubs too.

Have a fantastic time

Myra

Archived