Something to do in Freeport?

JRock59

In November we'll be in Freeport on the Conquest with 5 or 6 couples. Looking for suggestions of fun things to do. Yes we love the beach, we enjoy a drink or two. :) We'll be in Key West doing a lot of walking the day before and Nassua doing the Aquaventure the next day. So we're looking for low key, relaxed and simple. Any suggestions? THANK YOU! :D

Jump in a cab, and head over to China Beach on Our Lucaya by the Sheraton.

Check out the Bahamas boards for some other suggestions. Just make sure you get AWAY from the ship's docking area.

In November we'll be in Freeport on the Conquest with 5 or 6 couples. Looking for suggestions of fun things to do. Yes we love the beach, we enjoy a drink or two. :) We'll be in Key West doing a lot of walking the day before and Nassua doing the Aquaventure the next day. So we're looking for low key, relaxed and simple. Any suggestions? THANK YOU! :D

wondering the same thing!

So subbing

SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS?

Has anyone done any of these in freeport?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=5

Check out the port of call board for this port, where this post will eventually be moved. We are also looking for suggestions for this port.;)

Been there (the first place I looked) doesn't really...........tell/help you much.:( It's not real recent. So figured some folks who had been there in the past few months may be will to share with us? :D

Been there (the first place I looked) doesn't really...........tell/help you much.:( It's not real recent. So figured some folks who had been there in the past few months may be will to share with us? :D

Not trying to rebuke you for posting on the main board, I just knew the mods would move the post and wanted to be sure you could still find it.:)

When you get off the ship there is a "seamans" bar (yes that's the name..lol) at the port along with more and more shops.... get a few drinks, buy a t-shirt/trinket and wander back onboard for a relaxing day without everyone around you.

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I are going to go on the Glass Bottom Boat in Freeport. I'll let you know how it is when we return. We sail in 20 days.

We did the GBB in March 08 in Freeport. It was very pretty but the seas were rockin! Also, a boat like 60 yards from us was chumming the waters for sharks so we saw a lot of Caribbean Reef Sharks. The only thing I didn't like was that our boat kept smashing into the coral reefs because the water was so rocking. I would have preferred to leave rather than destroy the reefs.

We were in Freeport on July 2 and sailed with Captain Tony on Sand Dollar cruise. Terrific experience. A shuttle was waiting at the dock and drove us and a few other families to Port Lucaya. Fun time snorkeling and finding sand dollars. One of the highlights of our cruise!

Archived