Enchantment of the Seas or Carnival Inspiration?

We have never been on RCI, always Carnival - which we love. We've been wanting to try RCI and the 5 nt is actually cheaper than the Carnival 5 nt, but we'd have to travel 4 hours to get there opposed to 2. We have a 20 year old and a 16 year old. Anyone been on both ships and which one is better for the age group?

We have never been on RCI, always Carnival - which we love. We've been wanting to try RCI and the 5 nt is actually cheaper than the Carnival 5 nt, but we'd have to travel 4 hours to get there opposed to 2. We have a 20 year old and a 16 year old. Anyone been on both ships and which one is better for the age group?

I've been on both and you will love the Enchantment of the Sea's it's a beautiful ship. There's no water slide on the Enchantment. But the Enchantment has bungee jumping. What other cruise line offers bungee jumping while at sea.

We too have been on both and my vote goes to the Enchantment. While some things are subjective, I found the overall ship layout eaiser to navigate and the dining areas were brighter. The Lido buffet on the Inspiration was very dark and with all that "stuff" hanging from the ceiling made me feel as if we were in a basement. :eek:

I've been on both and you will love the Enchantment of the Sea's it's a beautiful ship. There's no water slide on the Enchantment. But the Enchantment has bungee jumping. What other cruise line offers bungee jumping while at sea.

It's more like bungee bouncing. It's fun and you can do flips. After a few min I was wore out.

RCCL IMHO is must better than Carnival. We've done 2 on Carnival and haven't been back.

We have sailed on both ships and had a great time on both. To us the food was better on Inspiration but Enchantment had more activities. The Enchantment had a more open feeling, which on a 5 day cruise woulld make a difference. The amount of sea days would help me decide between the 2. We have a 1hr. drive to Tampa and almost 3hrs. to Ft. Lauderdale but you are going to spend 5 days on the ship. It is a tough decision but I think The Inspiration is just to small to spend 5 days on. Whatever you decide I don't think you can go wrong.

It's more like bungee bouncing. It's fun and you can do flips. After a few min I was wore out.

RCCL IMHO is must better than Carnival. We've done 2 on Carnival and haven't been back.

They are bungee TRAMPOLINES. :)

My wife and i just got off the Enchantment this morning and sailed the other ship two years ago. I think the kids programs are almost identcal with Carnival typically having more teens onboard. Your 20-yr old is in a wierd age group. Too old for the kids programs but not legally old enough to drink or gamble. the 20 yr old can get into several of the clubs but wil have to be creative if they want to get alcohol. Either ship is fine. The cabins on the Enchantment are very small and no way a family of four would fit in an inside cabin with all their gear for week. Much more room on Carnival cabin.

Archived