Mini Suite!

Kaaaitlyn:)

I am going on the Island Princess in July, and we have a mini-suite booked. I was just curious about the "bed the comes off the wall?" Is it like a bunk bed? and also which wall is it on? THANKS!:confused:

Is your cabin for 3 or 4 people?

Yes a "bunk" would come out of the wall/ceiling. It is on the opposite wall to the main bed. There may also be a couch that has a pull out bed. The bed will not be the full length of the couch though. :)

We will be bringing our daughter on our next cruise, so we asked our cabin steward to show us the bunk. It does indeed fold down from the ceiling, but is primarily attached to the wall. There is a step ladder to get in/out. The bunk had a decent-looking mattress, much thicker than what is on the sofa bed. In our cabin, the bunk was on the same wall as the main bed, directly above the sofa.

I am going on the Island Princess in July, and we have a mini-suite booked. I was just curious about the "bed the comes off the wall?" Is it like a bunk bed? and also which wall is it on? THANKS!:confused:

Might be similar to this on the Sapphire Princess:

2230889180101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2694492090101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

We have had mini-suites twice and in both cases (the Coral and the Grand) there was a couch that opened into a bed so you can say for sure that not all mini-suites have a bed that pulls down from the wall.

Do all the mini-suites have a bed that comes out of the wall/celling? We are in our first mini-suit next cruise and I was under the impression that the third person got the couch bed.

I did a check of the Crown deck plans. MOST of the minis on Dolphin Deck do not sleep 4, most sleep only 3. There are some that have both the pull out sofa bed and the forth berth, but the majority have only the pull out sofa. If you check the deck plans, the minis that show a red circle sleep four, and do have both the sofa bed and pull down bunk over the sofa. The minis with only a black triangle sleep only three and have just the pull out sofa. ;)

Now the AD's on the Emerald Deck all sleep 4.

So, the answer is that NOT ALL minis have the pull out bunk, some offer only the sofa sleeper.

Is your cabin for 3 or 4 people?

Yes a "bunk" would come out of the wall/ceiling. It is on the opposite wall to the main bed. There may also be a couch that has a pull out bed. The bed will not be the full length of the couch though. :)

Our cabin is for 4 people! 2 adults and 2 children.

Archived