Passport-Remarried-Name ???

JanJanG

Hey All! I've remarried since my passport was issued three years ago. So, the last name my cruise is booked under and my passport last name are not the same any longer. What additional documentation will I need for travel?

Thanks!

Hey All! I've remarried since my passport was issued three years ago. So, the last name my cruise is booked under and my passport last name are not the same any longer. What additional documentation will I need for travel?

Thanks!

W/out knowing when your cruise is taking place, if it is before final payment and you are noricing this, just contact your TA or the cruiseline to make the correction. If after final payment date, you will probably incur a $50.00 name change fee from the cruiseline, but it can be done. Just make sure how you booked the cruise is the same as your passport.

Depending on when your cruise is, send your passport in for the name change. I can't remember how long it took me to get mine back, but it wasn't very long. You have to send your marriage license too!

Thanks!

This came straight from my travel agent but please confirm with your TA and or Carnival. She said since me and my wife got married just before the cruise that she need not change her passport so long as the cruise was booked in her maiden name that was on the passport. But we are gonna take a certified copy of our marriage certificate just in case. The names just need to match. I hope this helps, but please double check for your own sake.

This came straight from my travel agent but please confirm with your TA and or Carnival. She said since me and my wife got married just before the cruise that she need not change her passport so long as the cruise was booked in her maiden name that was on the passport. But we are gonna take a certified copy of our marriage certificate just in case. The names just need to match. I hope this helps, but please double check for your own sake.
My daughter was in the same situation in May. She did bring a copy of here marriage certificate and it was not a problem. They corrected the booking at the terminal. She was not charged anything for the name change on the booking.

Thanks!

You can get a name change on the passport.

Here's the link, scroll down and read. Looks like you can get forms online.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/ChangeName/ChangeName_851.html

The name on your passport and then name on your airline tickets or cruise documents MUST match.....

I had the same situation as we went on a cruise for our Honeymoon. Just make sure the name you booked for the cruise matches the passport you currently have. No other form of i.d. is needed as you'll be using your passport for identification. Change the passport when you get back so that you don't stress about not getting it back before the cruise.

If you have already changed your driver's license and credits cards, make sure you use those together when in port and not the passport with the other name. They really don't care about a marriage license as long as the name you booked the cruise under matches the passport.

Under the new guidelines you can use a birth certificate and driver's license. But in my DiL's case here married name is on her driver's license. She doesn't have a passport yet and doesn't have the $100 to get it.

Anyone experience this yet?

Under the new guidelines you can use a birth certificate and driver's license. But in my DiL's case here married name is on her driver's license. She doesn't have a passport yet and doesn't have the $100 to get it.

Anyone experience this yet?

All she will need is her DL & Birth Cert.

No other id is required, it is realized the women don't have the same name as they were born with, they will check the first & middle name and birthday.

Archived