Yet another upsell question.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but could not find with the search.

We sail on the Sky on the 29th, 2 oceanview ee category staterooms. Would love to move up to Balcony. Will NCL work with you if you call and ask for an upsell, or will they just give you the current rate listed for available balconies.

We originally booked balconies, and then dropped to OV when the price difference went from $100.00 to $600. Balconies have not really dropped at all since, and the OV are about the same, since we booked during the $99 third promo.

We will be happy either way, but would be great to bump back up if reasonable.

Thanks for any advice.

They will not work with you...you will be quoted what the rates are when you call. You will need to wait for the upsell call unfortunatly. If the rates are not going down, chances are that they have been selling...

Thanks for the response,

I have been checking and I can't see how they can be considered to be selling in this case. I used the booking system, and could have had my choice of balconies on both port and startboard sides of the ship. I get the impression we will be sailing alone. lol

Within the OV category as well, I could change to probably 50 or so cabins.

I'll just have to wait and hope for the call.

Not sure why this is labeled "yet another upsell question" since this is the same question that everyone asks every few days.

But to answer the question - they will almost always give you the difference in the CURRENT rates. No special deals.

Have people called in and gotten something? Yes. Guessing they just happen to call when the supervisor has told everyone to try to sell that category and even offer deals or something.

Not sure why this is labeled "yet another upsell question" since this is the same question that everyone asks every few days.

i guess i could have labeled it "reasking the same question"

But I was just trying to acknowledge that I am aware the question as been asked before. I just couldn't find an answer in the 10 pages of search history hits that I received.

i guess i could have labeled it "reasking the same question"

But I was just trying to acknowledge that I am aware the question as been asked before. I just couldn't find an answer in the 10 pages of search history hits that I received.

sorry if I was a bit, well you know, kinda, well, but...

Archived