The Crew Show on Serenade of the Seas

If you get the opportunity to see The Crew Show on Serenade of the Seas, do so. It is very good. Staff from various departments (with the exception of the paid entertainers) take part. They were all very good.

In the show I saw, there was a grand finale. It was excellent and not to be missed. I won't tell you what it is as I don't want to give it away. However if you want the best seats in the house then the Front Row is the place to be.

Crew shows are nothing more than the cruise line saving money on entertainment.

I do not go on a cruise to see my stateroom attendant sing and dance.

Everyone knows that cruise ships do not make money when passengers are sitting in the theater as they need to get them out and about to spend money. However, putting the hired help on stage sounds like something out of Kellerman's(Dirty Dancing).

If you get the opportunity to see The Crew Show on Serenade of the Seas, do so. It is very good. Staff from various departments (with the exception of the paid entertainers) take part. They were all very good.

In the show I saw, there was a grand finale. It was excellent and not to be missed. I won't tell you what it is as I don't want to give it away. However if you want the best seats in the house then the Front Row is the place to be.

Is this the "fountains" act that everyone talks about? Which night is it?

We are sailing Serenade July 11 and can't wait to see it!

Crew shows are nothing more than the cruise line saving money on entertainment.

I do not go on a cruise to see my stateroom attendant sing and dance.

Everyone knows that cruise ships do not make money when passengers are sitting in the theater as they need to get them out and about to spend money. However, putting the hired help on stage sounds like something out of Kellerman's(Dirty Dancing).

Hello SI cruiser,

I have to disagree with you. The night we offer the crew show is the "dark night" where we used to do the Love & Marriage game show, so we are not taking away an entertainer, in fact we are offering an additional show.

The "hired help" as you put it, is much appreciated by the majority of guests and it is the most attended show of the week. It is your choice if you do not want to see it but you are the one missing out as there is some pretty amazing talent among the crew.

So again it has nothing to do with saving money and is something we just started to entertain our guests, to deliver the WOW. If you knew how much effort was put together to make this happen you would have not made the comments above.

Mike

Hello SI cruiser,

I have to disagree with you. The night we offer the crew show is the "dark night" where we used to do the Love & Marriage game show, so we are not taking away an entertainer, in fact we are offering an additional show.

The "hired help" as you put it, is much appreciated by the majority of guests and it is the most attended show of the week. It is your choice if you do not want to see it but you are the one missing out as there is some pretty amazing talent among the crew.

So again it has nothing to do with saving money and is something we just started to entertain our guests, to deliver the WOW. If you knew how much effort was put together to make this happen you would have not made the comments above.

Mike

I couldn't have put it better myself. I think it was by far one of the best shows of our week on the Voyager (after Knight Magic :) ) and we got to see the premiere of "fountains" the first time it was on the Voyager.

It saddens me to think that there are people who think of the crew as simply "the hired help". I know that the people working onboard the Voyager and Grandeur are simply wonderful and I have no doubt that the crew on the other ships are just as friendly and accomodating.

I too totally disagree with SI Cruiser.

I think the staff shows are a breath of fresh air. I have been blessed to have been able to take quite a few cruises but must admit that after a while the standard comedians, jugglers, aerial acts and broadway show reproductions tend to get a little stale after a few voyages.

Part of the fun of cruising for me is a chance to get to know some of the crew - I've even been lucky enough to have been on repeat sailings with some of them. They work hard to provide us with a first class vacation experience and I love the chance to see them have fun on stage and share their talents!

Mike I am very much looking forward to "Fountains" on the July 11 sailing!!

Haley

Hello SI cruiser,

Mike

Ignore the curmudgeons, Mike. I do. ;) :D

Is this the "fountains" act that everyone talks about? Which night is it?

We are sailing Serenade July 11 and can't wait to see it!

Yes, it's "Fountains" and it is WONDERFUL! I think the show was Thursday night.... might've been Wednesday. I lose track of time on a cruise! :)

Our crew show included a waiter performing a dance from his native land, in full costume. It was a cultural experience that I would not have had without the crew show, since I don't know when (if ever) I will be going to the Far East.

So, thanks to Mike for including the crew show, and kudos to all the crew who shared their talents with us.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived