All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

It's just hard to justify the price of a cabana having only 2 people on the cruise though. Has anyone out there ever heard of fellow cruisers splitting the cost?

We've done both. There were times when it was just the two of us, other times, another couple joined us.

I enjoyed the privacy with two.

This may be a strange question, but is the bathroom down the beach behind Cabana 10 an "outhouse" type restroom or is it a "modern" type restroom with running water? I am hoping it is the latter. I just reserved a Cabana for our July cruise and I was hoping to get one further down the beach.

This may be a strange question, but is the bathroom down the beach behind Cabana 10 an "outhouse" type restroom or is it a "modern" type restroom with running water? I am hoping it is the latter. I just reserved a Cabana for our July cruise and I was hoping to get one further down the beach.

Not to fear...the rest rooms are regular rest rooms in a building. The layout is funny...things are kind of disguised behind trees and bushes and have paths that snake around (by the main barbecue area at least).

Not to fear...the rest rooms are regular rest rooms in a building. The layout is funny...things are kind of disguised behind trees and bushes and have paths that snake around (by the main barbecue area at least).

Thank you, that is what I was hoping. I always carry antibacterial wipes with me, but it's not the same as being able to wash your hands.

Thank you, that is what I was hoping. I always carry antibacterial wipes with me, but it's not the same as being able to wash your hands.

There are no outhouses or porta a pottys on HMC. All the restroom buildings are fully equipped bathrooms, just as you would find in any public location.

As you would expect, it will get crowded towards sail away time. The tenders will go full blast until everyone is accounted for. Be at the tender dock an hour before, you will be fine. If you don't want to wait in line, be there earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
We also did the horseback ride at HMC. Loved it! I will agree - it is sometimes hard to hold on with the pressure of the water against your legs - but it was soooo much fun! I was the lead horse (behind the guide) and luckily didn't get the "backwash" of poop in the water. I almost fell off my horse laughing as the others (there were about 8 horses in line) tried to "dodge" the clumps as they floated back - LOL! It was a very exhilirating excursion. It is a long way down the beach - we did see people walking there, but I would leave at least 15 minutes to do so. (it is a 5 minute shuttle ride) Purchased some great pictures the Carnival photographer took of us walking the horses on the beach and galloping in the water.

Ewwww! I didn't think about the horse poop! LOL

We are doing this in 2 weeks! Did you notice if they were really strict about the no open toe shoes/sandals?? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='SmokinActuary']On November 21st both the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and the Carnival Glory are going to be here on the same day. :eek: 5,000 passengers. That is going to stink![/quote]

Carnival changed their itinerary and is now going to Nassau instead of HMC!

We were just at HMC last week and I wanted to pass along some things that we learned. When you are making your way to the beach you will walk past the watertoy rental booth. This one is very crowded since it is the first one you see. To avoid the lines, go down the beach to the right to the next one. Also, the price for floating foam mats that I had found online was quoted at $6 however the current price is $11 each.
Also, if you think you want to purchase souveniers do NOT wait until the end of the day. The only gift ship is operated by Carnival employees from the ship and they close the gift shop approximately 2 hours before the ship departs. We learned this the hard way as we came away empty handed !:(

There are a few locals selling their wares so be sure to bring a few $$ with you.

Thank you so much for passing on the information it really helps learning these tidbits of information. Wow $11 to rent a foam mat that's pretty expensive. Since we rented a cabana I think it comes with a few not that the cabana is cheap mind you. Oh well that's what I work for VACATION.

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL']Thank you so much for passing on the information it really helps learning these tidbits of information. Wow $11 to rent a foam mat that's pretty expensive. Since we rented a cabana I think it comes with a few not that the cabana is cheap mind you. Oh well that's what I work for VACATION.[/quote]

Yes, at least you get to factor in the cost of foam mats with your cabana rental. $11 each is a bit pricey just to have something to float on, however when you are in the middle of paradise . . . . . . :p

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'] Wow $11 to rent a foam mat that's pretty expensive. Since we rented a cabana I think it comes with a few not that the cabana is cheap mind you. Oh well that's what I work for VACATION.[/QUOTE]

An excellent point.

We often forget to mention cabana rental includes two float mats, and snorkel equipment.

[quote name='HappySails4U']We were just at HMC last week and I wanted to pass along some things that we learned. When you are making your way to the beach you will walk past the watertoy rental booth. This one is very crowded since it is the first one you see. To avoid the lines, go down the beach to the right to the next one. Also, the price for floating foam mats that I had found online was quoted at $6 however the current price is $11 each.
Also, if you think you want to purchase souveniers do NOT wait until the end of the day. The only gift ship is operated by Carnival employees from the ship and they close the gift shop approximately 2 hours before the ship departs. We learned this the hard way as we came away empty handed !:(

There are a few locals selling their wares so be sure to bring a few $$ with you.[/quote]
Thanks for the update on the gift shop. Sorry you came back empty handed, but did you notice if they had any nice HMC shirts?

:confused:

[quote name='Etchdreams']Thanks for the update on the gift shop. Sorry you came back empty handed, but did you notice if they had any nice HMC shirts?

:confused:[/quote]

Front what we could see peering in from the windows, the gift shop did offer a nice selection of shirts . . . . We just wish that we would have had the chance to get a first hand view !!!

Hey everyone, Im cruising to HMC on the Liberty in July. My boyfriend and I really want to parasail here. Does anyone know if its better to book it through the cruiseline before we go, or just wait until we get there? Is it possible to get beach chairs, parasail, then go back and enjoy the rest of the day? While hopefully leaving some of our items (towels) on the chairs.

Thanks in advance! :)

[quote name='Redsox00']Hey everyone, Im cruising to HMC on the Liberty in July. My boyfriend and I really want to parasail here. Does anyone know if its better to book it through the cruiseline before we go, or just wait until we get there? Is it possible to get beach chairs, parasail, then go back and enjoy the rest of the day? While hopefully leaving some of our items (towels) on the chairs.

Thanks in advance! :)[/QUOTE]

Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival, I don't think there are any other excursions except theirs.

[quote name='vizzle']Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival, I don't think there are any other excursions except theirs.[/quote]

Thats what I figured. Just wondering if we're able to relax on the beach for a bit, leave our towels and whatnot then parasail and head back to the same location. Or is that too much walking?