All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

For Carnival cruisers, I just confirmed: if you've got a cabana booked and paid for for an upcoming cruise, e-mail shoreexcursions@carnival.com with your booking number and the cabana you'd like; they'd be happy to oblige.

Thanks so much this. The worst they can so is no to an email, so I think it's worth a shot!!

:-)

Shawn

Edited by jsjjkelly

I tried it and was told they only reserve cabana's for people with special needs. I think since so many people started requesting it they stopped.

Check this thread out... It appears to work for some, others not. I got the cabana I asked for for my November cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1664744

Thanks so much this. The worst they can so is no to an email, so I think it's worth a shot!!

:-)

Shawn

Good luck! I got the one I asked for; so happy not to have to board the ship extra early... :D

Check this thread out... It appears to work for some, others not. I got the cabana I asked for for my November cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1664744

I know, I saw that and figured got nothing to lose. But I got an email saying it was for special need passengers only. I am going to try it again, maybe I just got a customer service rep in a bad mood :p

I know, I saw that and figured got nothing to lose. But I got an email saying it was for special need passengers only. I am going to try it again, maybe I just got a customer service rep in a bad mood :p

You're right; I think it must depend on who responds to your request! They should standardize the procedure one way or the other...

Edited by Jenbo57

You're right; I think it must depend on who responds to your request! They should standardize the procedure one way or the other...

I got turned down a 2nd time. I emailed back asking why they do it for some and not others. Let's see if I get another response.

I got turned down a 2nd time. I emailed back asking why they do it for some and not others. Let's see if I get another response.

I'm glad this is not my battle! :D

BUT...if it were, I think I would cut and paste a couple of the responses from Carnival that have been posted here. That would be MY strategy! Good luck!

BUT...if it were, I think I would cut and paste a couple of the responses from Carnival that have been posted here. That would be MY strategy! Good luck!

thanks, I am giving it a try.

it worked! They told me they would make an exception for me and reserve #8 for me :D

Nice!! It seemed strange that on that entire thread, you seemed to be the only one who was unable to get one reserved!

Enjoy your time!! I love HMC!! :cool:

One other person also posted the same response I got. I thought maybe they just stopped but then people posted after me that they emailed after me and got one reserved. They need to be more consistent.

Nice!! It seemed strange that on that entire thread, you seemed to be the only one who was unable to get one reserved!

It would be great, if someday, CCL would allow its passengers to reserve a specific cabana on line. The same way HAL does.

It would make life much simpler for you CCL cruisers.

I emailed them per this thread and was able to secure #9 for September on Liberty. Awesome!

It would be great, if someday, CCL would allow its passengers to reserve a specific cabana on line. The same way HAL does.

It would make life much simpler for you CCL cruisers.

Has HAL begun using the cabana numbers instead of the ever-confusing ("Hmm, is that gray or taupe?") cabana colors?

It would be simpler if CCL allowed online booking, yes...but it might also cause them to jack the price up $100+ to match HAL's. :)

Has HAL begun using the cabana numbers instead of the ever-confusing ("Hmm, is that gray or taupe?") cabana colors?

The color system is still in place.

If you're not familiar with the colors and location, then you are taking your chances. As I have said many times.

Any cabana is better than no cabana at all. :D:D

Although, due to the price increase, we may reassess our cabana rental plans for future cruises.

The colors are listed in this (very long) thread a couple of times, I think.

I had reserved my first cabana (for my 6th visit to HMC) the other day. Then I saw the thread on the Carnival board and sent an email yesterday at 1:10 asking for the green (#10) cabana. At 3:31 I received a reply stating that it was being reserved for me and I just needed to visit the excursion desk once on board to let them know about shoe sized for fins and what preferred beverages we'd like in the cabana.

:D

So, should #10 be far enough away from the Monstrosity Ship Bar that we won't hear the music this time?

I got my reply back with my reservation for cabana #9 for Oct.

Dear Marry,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have reserved cabana # 9 for you in Half Moon Cay. Please see the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as you board to collect your tickets.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line

Happy Dance:D

1-taupe

2-blue

3-turquoise

4-orange

5-sky blue

6-purple

7-peach

8-pink

9-eggshell

10-green

11-gray

12-yellow

13-terra cotta

14-red

15-violet

Hope that helps!

Oh my DD8 will be so excited i got the PINK one :p

I received my reply.

Dear Jeannette,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have reserved Cabana # 10 for you as # 9 is already taken. Please see the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as you board to collect your ticket.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Now I'm wondering if I should have picked #8. :cool:

This was my response. Has anyone ever gone to the shore excursion desk and found out they didn't reserve your preference?

Good Evening Paula.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

We can certainly assist you with your request. I will forward this correspondence on to the Shore Excursion Team on board the Ecstasy and they will put aside cabanas #14 & 15 for you. Please visit them at the Shore Excursion desk when you board the ship for your cruise to finalize your booking and collect your tickets.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

I wonder how much longer CCL is going to allow this to continue.

They are now being bombarded by emails requesting cabanas. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Cabanas are supposedly reserved, but not paid for. They normally want some $$$ before reserving anything.

Edited by Typhoon1

I wonder how much longer CCL is going to allow this to continue.

They are now being bombarded by emails requesting cabanas. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Cabanas are supposedly reserved, but not paid for. They normally want some $$$ before reserving anything.

I thought they were stating that they paid for the cabanas but originally had to wait to "reserve them" until they were on the ship. That's when people started sending the e-mail requests. My understanding is that they are paid for when they ask to reserve them.