Famous Basketball Player on FOS

Ok, we just got off the 5/31 sailing. All week long, I kept seeing this gentleman and I know he was a famous basketball player, but I can't place his name! I didn't want to interfere with his vacation, but it was driving me nuts! I saw several people go up and hug him, chat with him, etc. He was always polite! He is very tall (ha), white, hair was a long (but tamed) almost white/grey afro.

Can anyone tell me who he was?

Thanks!

I spoke with him. I didn't get his name but he was very friendly. Once I spoke with him, everytime we passed on the boat he said hellow.

He said he played for the NY Kn icks in 1969 and played for 5 years.

I'll do some searching.

Duh, she said he was white!!!

Please don't be so quick to flame. When I read the post it appeared to me that the OP stated that the person in question had white hair. I did not see that there was a comma between white and hair. Also the OP described him as having an afro. Most people associate afro with african american (yes - that's probably not politically correct so please don't flame us on that either)

I am sure that Jacquelyn11 along with myself and many others also made the same assumption!

Ok, we just got off the 5/31 sailing. All week long, I kept seeing this gentleman and I know he was a famous basketball player, but I can't place his name! I didn't want to interfere with his vacation, but it was driving me nuts! I saw several people go up and hug him, chat with him, etc. He was always polite! He is very tall (ha), white, hair was a long (but tamed) almost white/grey afro.

Can anyone tell me who he was?

Thanks!

Sorry, read as WHITE HAIR, instead of WHITE "comma" HAIR, plus most white guys don't have an "afro"!

Glad the OP got to meet him!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived