Breakfast menu on carnival

antna

one or two eggs cooked anyway you want, and your choice of bacon, hashbrowns, sausage or ham, or cereal or french toast or belgium waffles with stawberries or blueberrys to top them as I remember. You choice of a small juice, coffee the like. they come around with the rolls and donuts, same ones as up in the buffet.

Dont order the toast, its done too far in advance and is hard as a rock, order english muffins or something that they have to do fresh for you.

Smoked salmon & Bagels. Several different omlettes, eggs cooked to order egg whites. A wide variety of fruits and juices. I get the Eggs Benedict with a side of holandaise sauce because sometimes they have dried out.

And someone just had to mention "eggs benedict" and "corned beef hash"..:eek: I've missed the corned beef hash at the buffet the past few cruises..:( Either I'm losing my sight, or just couldn't find it, but if they are FOR SURE in the MDR, that is where I'll be going!!:D

Thanx for the 'heads up'..:) Haven't had eggs benedict in a while either! Now I'm hungry...;)

On our recent cruise we sat next to a couple and the young man had a large appetite and some of the portions at breakfast were small. So just in case you are traveling with someone who like a large breakfast they might want to order double portions.

Jennifer

Does anyone know what time the MDR opens for breakfast in the morning?

It changes depending on sea or port days, earlier for port days so you can get to your excursions and a little later for sea days and is open for a couple of hours. It will be posted in the Capers.

where does the coffee and danish start at 6am? We are on the Fantasy in September and I plan on early room service for DH who is an early riser and has to have his coffee!

Lido.

But if having room service deliver coffee, they can also deliver danish and more.

DSC00252.JPG

And someone just had to mention "eggs benedict" and "corned beef hash"..:eek: I've missed the corned beef hash at the buffet the past few cruises..:( Either I'm losing my sight, or just couldn't find it, but if they are FOR SURE in the MDR, that is where I'll be going!!:D

Thanx for the 'heads up'..:) Haven't had eggs benedict in a while either! Now I'm hungry...;)

You're not losing your sight....they don't serve corned beef hash in the buffet, it's only available in the MDR. And that's why I eat breakfast in the MDR every day. :D Love the stuff, but I never have it other than when I'm cruising. That, and I also always have pineapple juice with my breakfast, but only ever on a cruise.

I wasn't crazy about the pancakes, waffles and french toast. The pancakes were very thin, the waffle was very small and not hot and crispy like I make at home. The french toast had raisins in it which I like as toast but not as french toast.On the positive the eggs were made to order and came as ordered. The hash browns were good and the crispy bacon was good too. The melon was good too but the baked apple is served cold.

thanks for the info all you great cruisers. I will be eating in the dining room some foods I have never had before---willing to try. THanks again.:)

That's what I always tried to do when I 1st started cruising because I knew that I could send it back and get something else if I didn't like it. After 16 cruises the menu's haven't changed a whole lot over the years and I've kinda settled into a nice rut. But I told my sister just last night that on our next cruise in September I'm intentionally going to order some of the things that I've never even tried.

Like corned beef hash.....sister loves it I've never tried it. And BTW it is always on the menu in the MDR.

She also likes Hay & Straw, but I've never tried that either.

I eat in the MDR as often as it's open. I don't like standing in buffet lines and I do like ordering from a menu.

Musleix in the lido? We are first time Carnival(ers), but have cruised Holland America several times. H.A. has this yogurt musleix mixed with fruit and nuts - UNBELIEVABLE. I don't suppose that's a Carnival menu item too is it?

I wasn't crazy about the pancakes, waffles and french toast. The pancakes were very thin, the waffle was very small and not hot and crispy like I make at home. The french toast had raisins in it which I like as toast but not as french toast.On the positive the eggs were made to order and came as ordered. The hash browns were good and the crispy bacon was good too. The melon was good too but the baked apple is served cold.

The "baked apple" was weird wasn't it? Baked indicates that it is served warm but it was ice cold! Quite a surprise.

Archived