Best time to embark in Boston?

kaneeta

We are heading out on the Maasdam this Sat. and wondering when we should be dropped off at the port? We don't want to get there too early and wait in long lines, but we don't want to miss out on any of the experiences either.

There is no way to promise you no lines. :)

Who can say which flights come in when and how many come to the terminal at what time.

In years past, HAL used to be able to control when transfer buses would unload and they be sure to stagger so not too many arrived at once.

Now, with most people coming independently, there is no telling when lines will be long.

Having done this cruise year after year and seeing we too are embarking on Saturday :), my suggestion would be to plan to arrive about 12 noon. That way you avoid the line of 'early birds' who will be waiting outside for the doors to open. Embarkation usually starts about 11:15 so that crowd should be processed by noon.

Hope to see you aboard. :)

I hope we will hear reports back from both of you! We leave from Boston on the 27th! Still curious if there is a Master Chef's dinner on this cruise and on what night.

All the times we have done this cruise since they began Master Chef's Dinner, they have held it. Last year it was last night of the cruise - Friday night. I'll post about it this year if it is still the same.

Archived