Discounts--HOW TO GET THEM..

rcrx

We are thinking about booking our 3rd cruise with Carnival. Have not received and discount offers via mail or otherwise. I see that some are getting the 50$ welcome back discount if you book within 60 days and some say if you press enough they will give it to you if you are past the 60 days.. Any hints to get some kind of discount??

Thanks all..:)

Call up the Carnival number and ask if there any discounts applicable to the cruise you are interested in taking. I got a discount based on my home state and saved myself almost $400. Just ask...you never know what you might get!

Shop all the cruises in your timeframe (or expand/change your timeframe) to look for Past Guest rate (or 55+, or your state Resident or Military any of which you are ELIGIBLE for) being offered. Also occasionally for a given cruise there might be a booking special for certain categories with a lower rate accompanied by a several deck upgrade at booking - but you'll have to look at a number of cruises to see if there are any such specials). If you're not choosy about cabin location you can wait 'til the last minute for Pack-and-Go specials. ken.

Shop all the cruises in your timeframe (or expand/change your timeframe) to look for Past Guest rate (or 55+, or your state Resident or Military any of which you are ELIGIBLE for) being offered. Also occasionally for a given cruise there might be a booking special for certain categories with a lower rate accompanied by a several deck upgrade at booking - but you'll have to look at a number of cruises to see if there are any such specials). If you're not choosy about cabin location you can wait 'til the last minute for Pack-and-Go specials. ken.

Ive seen someone else mentioning Pack n Go specials..is there a code for those or do they just come up?? Thanks..

Call up the Carnival number and ask if there any discounts applicable to the cruise you are interested in taking. I got a discount based on my home state and saved myself almost $400. Just ask...you never know what you might get!

To be honest I dont think we are going to get a deal much better than 259 for 5 nites with Early Saver.. someone else said they got them to give them the 50$ welcome back deal even though it had been past 60 days booking..I havent been able to get them to budge..

Thanks for your help..

Ive seen someone else mentioning Pack n Go specials..is there a code for those or do they just come up?? Thanks..

So far, every Wednesday carnival.com should have a link listing the Pack-and-go specials good for 2 or 3 days. I believe these are "Guarantee" only bookings. Check 'em out tomorrow (Wednessday). ken

To be honest I dont think we are going to get a deal much better than 259 for 5 nites with Early Saver.. someone else said they got them to give them the 50$ welcome back deal even though it had been past 60 days booking..I havent been able to get them to budge..

Thanks for your help..

It's prertty hard to beat the Early Saver rates.

For The $50 Welcome Back refund, you have to book within 60 days of departure of preceding cruise; there have been one or two posts of cruisers getting some slack for a day or two difference, but I think most PVP's and Supervisors are going to stand pretty firm on the 60 days window. ken

We leave in 6 days with a military rate booking that I booked in late March. Now I see on the Carnival site that the same class cabin is more but they are offering $200 OBC which makes it about $50 cheaper. Does anyone know is this OBC is just for new bookings or would they apply it for anyone???

It's prertty hard to beat the Early Saver rates.

For The $50 Welcome Back refund, you have to book within 60 days of departure of preceding cruise; there have been one or two posts of cruisers getting some slack for a day or two difference, but I think most PVP's and Supervisors are going to stand pretty firm on the 60 days window. ken

Yes it appears they are standing pat with NO on this issue. I found a deal earlier this year online that the PVP couldnt match so I booked online right then and there. I think that was just a lucky day.

Thanks for all the suggestions...

We leave in 6 days with a military rate booking that I booked in late March. Now I see on the Carnival site that the same class cabin is more but they are offering $200 OBC which makes it about $50 cheaper. Does anyone know is this OBC is just for new bookings or would they apply it for anyone???

If you are booked military rate and see a lower rate 6 days before you leave, they arent going to give it to you. Maybe if there is a category up that is the same price you can get a upgrade at most. Once you are past final payment on military rate no more refunds for price drops.

As of December last year there are no more price adjustments after Final Payment. ken

Good morning all,

We booked a Spa deck cabin and for a family of 4 it was approx $2500 US.We are past guests and there was no mention of anything but the early saver.I did mention that we were past guests but not much response.I did however find the past guest info and called and was told that we got a great deal for that deck.What are your thoughts?I keep checking but not sure what to look for on Carnival's site?I know we're booked well in advance so you never know what will happen,just to know where to look.

Also I keep trying to do the Fun Pass online but it keeps telling me "incomplete".I have tried several times.I don't know if it has anything to do with the last TA we had,we were listed as US citizens??DUMB *** I've changed it and maybe that's the problem?? I did however manage to sigh our daughter up for the 12-14 group,no problem.Weird :confused:.

Thanks in advance:)

I just got back from a Carnival cruise 2 weeks ago, and am looking to book another one...but I never received my 'Welcome Back' e-mail with the $50 discount. Do you think I could just call them and see if I can get it? Any experience with this?

Archived