Deck Questions

lifevicarious

Hi everyone!

I've only been on a couple of cruises and have another one coming up in September on Equinox. I never really cared about what deck I was on before, and not sure I actually care now! But I started to think about it (always dangerous) and was wondering if there are pros and cons of the different decks. So are there pros and cons of the different decks (aside from certain room types being on certain decks)?

Thanks!

Some people prefer higher decks because they are closer to the pool area. Higher decks tend to cost a bit more because they are in higher demand.

Lower decks have the advantage of experiencing less motion, so if you are prone to seasickness lower is better (with lower and near mid ship in terms of front/back being best).

Another thing to consider is what is directly above and below you. If you are just below or above the nightclub, a restaurant, or the pool deck you may experience noise. It is generally best to be sandwhiched between other staterooms.

Finally, one cool thing I noticed about a lower deck (only applies to oceanview rooms) is that you see the definition of the waves much better from the second and third deck than from higher decks. If you happen to travel through 12 feet waves, they really look 12 feet tall from the third and second deck, whereas they look small from the higher decks.

Thanks for the responses!

We are booked on the Continental deck towards the front (6136) which seems to be over the back end of the theatre. I was starting to get a little worried about noise, well truth be told it won't bother me but the wife is a different story! :)

I previously posted a somewhat similar question regarding the Continental and Plaza Decks on Millenium. I was told by several people who had actually stayed in cabins on those decks that they heard no noice whatsoever from the decks above and the only traffic in the hallways was from those people in those cabins.

I previously posted a somewhat similar question regarding the Continental and Plaza Decks on Millenium. I was told by several people who had actually stayed in cabins on those decks that they heard no noice whatsoever from the decks above and the only traffic in the hallways was from those people in those cabins.

Good to know!! Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the responses!

We are booked on the Continental deck towards the front (6136) which seems to be over the back end of the theatre. I was starting to get a little worried about noise, well truth be told it won't bother me but the wife is a different story! :)

6136 is actually over the outside portion of that deck and not over the theatre. I had originally booked 6128 and it is not over the theatre so you should not have any problems at all with noise from the deck below.

On Summit we once stayed on the Continental Deck and loved it -- it was the quietest cabin we've ever had. Gonzo 70 is so right about the waves.

Alas, we moved up to Deck 7 for a veranda and have never gone back;)

Lucy

Archived