Sisters' Luncheon Cruise 6/28/2009

MrsMuir

Just wanted to share a happy opportunity that has come up. My local TA sent me an invitation to have lunch aboard Westerdam when she is in Seattle on the 28th. My heart leapt, then sank as I realized that my two sisters will be here for their annual visit to our 87-yr-old mother (and me) that weekend. I was about to decline when I had a V8 moment: why not ask if the invitation could include my sisters and me? I told her that my elder sister is a cruise fanatic like me, and we've been trying to get our little sister to plan a cruise, but she is worried about mal de mer and has never been aboard a ship.

Well, my wonderful TA said sure, bring your sisters. She liked the idea so much she will be joining us, too. I'm so excited to share HAL with my cruising sister, who swears by Princess, and especially with my little sister, who has NO IDEA what joys await aboard ship. According to the invitation, we will be able to tour the ship before lunch. Unfortunately, at 2:00 it's "all ashore."

I haven't stopped smiling since this happened. Believe me, it doesn't hurt to let your TA know just how smitten you are with this wonderful affliction called Ship Fever. I think the agency knew they had a prime specimen a couple of years ago when I attended a Cunard evening and missed out on the door prize, which was a gorgeous book about the QM2. My disappointment was so obvious, apparently, that they came over to me and told me that they had an extra copy if I would like to have it. Can you blame me for booking my next cruise thru them?

Just felt like sharing this bit of lovely luck.

Mrs. M.

What a wonderful opportunity for all of you! So glad you were able to make it a group get together.

I miss the Westerdam already, give her my regards. She is a lovely ship. Have fun, takes lots of pictures.

Archived