Chocolate melting cake/formal night

Nekochan

I keep hearing about the chocolate melting cake (or whatever it's called) as being fantastic. Anyone know if it's served on nights other than formal nights?

Yes, and Formal nights are gone.They were eliminated fleetwide a year ago.

Steve

I keep hearing about the chocolate melting cake (or whatever it's called) as being fantastic. Anyone know if it's served on nights other than formal nights?

As everyone has pointed out, yes it is available every night and it is fantastic. :p :p :p

just got off carnival yesterday. warm chocolate melting cake is a 'carnival classic' so it's served every night - thank goodness. the formal night is now called 'elegant night' and i saw everything from sweat pants to evening gowns and tuxes.

People wore sweat pants in the dining room on Elegant night? :eek:

I have to put my two cents worth into this thread. See sig below for details.

While formal night is now called "Cruise Elegant" night and the dress is somewhat more casual, it is strongly advised that one at least wear nice clothes and not a sweat suit or cut off blue jeans.

DW wife and I dress. I just bought a white dinner jacket as we will be in season for it. DW got two new very elegant dresses too. We enjoy looking nice once in a while. We rub out and wax up pretty good too.

Doc

Though the ch. melting cake is soooo good (I had several) I would call it warm chocolate cake batter. I would say about 10% was cake ....the rest was the melted part. Still so good though.:D

i didn't say they looked good in their sweat pants but they obviously had not problem wearing them and no one enforced a dress code.

i would say the whole middle is warm hot fudge and it's great. with the vanilla ice cream it's like a hot fudge sundae or eating warm chocolate pudding which if you're a chocoholic is excellent too.

I have to put my two cents worth into this thread. See sig below for details.

While formal night is now called "Cruise Elegant" night and the dress is somewhat more casual, it is strongly advised that one at least wear nice clothes and not a sweat suit or cut off blue jeans.

DW wife and I dress. I just bought a white dinner jacket as we will be in season for it. DW got two new very elegant dresses too. We enjoy looking nice once in a while. We rub out and wax up pretty good too.

Doc

What a load of Bull.:rolleyes:

Strongly advised?:rolleyes: Where does it say that? You are just making that up so you can pretend it still exists.Its gone,get over it.

Where in the code does it use the word strongly?

Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Maria

I agained 13lbs on the Miracle last month!!!!! Mostly due to Chocolate Melting Cake! 8 down, 5lbs more to go to be pre-sailing weight.

However, 11/2/09 I'll be on the Destiny.....eating more Chocolate Melting Cake!!!!

I'm already dieting for the damage to come!

I agained 13lbs on the Miracle last month!!!!! Mostly due to Chocolate Melting Cake! 8 down, 5lbs more to go to be pre-sailing weight.

However, 11/2/09 I'll be on the Destiny.....eating more Chocolate Melting Cake!!!!

Been there done that! I lost 15 pounds since my Sensation cruise. I'm sure I'll gain some back on my Destiny cruise. I'll be back to dieting again when I return. :(

02daad8b.gif

LOL...that sounds like me. Dieting now so I can indulge in September on the Freedom. :D

What a load of Bull.:rolleyes:

Strongly advised?:rolleyes: Where does it say that? You are just making that up so you can pretend it still exists.Its gone,get over it.

Where in the code does it use the word strongly?

Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Maria

Wow. Harsh words. You must really enjoy wearing sweats to the dining room. :eek:

Archived