LAX Flight

GeorgiaGuys

We just booked a Mexican Riviera cruise from LA and I'm now looking at our flight options? I'm trying to decide on our return flight time. We are not usually first ones off the ship - we like to have a leisurly breakfast and don't want to feel rushed. We will be using Super Shuttle probably to get to LAX. Delta has an 11AM and 12:30 flight, and I'm thinking one of those would work best but would like to hear from some people with experience with this port.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but we will be on Mariner of the Seas.

Thanks.

The 11:00 AM flight is too early. I highly recommend getting to LAX 2 hours before your flight as the longs can be long. 12:30 PM is what I would do. No earlier.

It is not too unusual for customs to be running behind which delays the time that disemabarkation begins.

Keith

I've heard others say to not schedule a flight before 1pm. 12:30 is close so that would probably work.

12:30 pm was an option for my return flight, but I didn't want to be stressed if there were delays departing the ship, or traffic issues so I decided to just take a later flight and do a post cruise tour that drops me off at the airport (rather than sit around waiting in the airport for hours for the later flight)

I generally don't recommend any flights before 1 PM - just in case of any ship, customs, traffic, etc. problems.

Forget that 11 AM, as it could be done, but forget any "leisurely" breakfast.

12:30 PM is about as early as I'd ever even consider, but I'd be even more comfortable with 1 PM.

I am booking a 1pm flight from LAX, wanted to do a tour first, but dont wanna arrive to Toronto at 6am in the morning and have a whole monday wasted

do you think 1pm is good enough, is there a lot of traffic on sunday morning to LAX??

Approximately how long is the shuttle run from pier to LAX? I need to schedule my pier pick-up time.

Thanks.

It depends on the day of the week, as well as whether it's a holiday weekend. Traffic accidents on the 405 freeway can also add travel time.

Hopefully you didn't schedule a flight before noon (1pm is better) just in case disembarkation starts late. I would imagine that all else equal (those with flights can get some priority in getting off near the front of the line), you can schedule a shuttle to pick you up around 9am. I'm sure others will post what times they have requested.

On our last cruise out of San Pedro, we were being picked up by a car service to be driven home (not enough room for 15-days worth of luggage in our trunks:o) and I asked the scheduler at the service what time should we request. She said she'll put us down for 10, which was fine as we were just going up north and not in a hurry at all. Turned out, there was a major delay in the disembarkation for that cruise and we didn't even get off the ship until 11:10. I kept in touch with the dispatcher from the ship and it all worked out as the car circled the World Cruise Center until I called to say we were at the shuttle stand outside.

Archived