Disembarkation Questions

Regguy

Would category 12 on Imagination qualify for a quicker disembarkation?

Would someone be able to explain exactly what disembarkation involves? I read an awful lot of posts about it, and it's always a feature of reviews on CC. (How fast or slow it was, how self-assist works, etc.) But as a first-time cruiser, it's actually kind of hard to envision how it all goes even with all the posts about it.

More conretely, Imagination is set to arrive at 8:00 a.m. If we were in a suite, but had too much luggage to be able to self-disembark, what should we expect, and what's a reasonable time to assume we could be on a cab on our way to the airport with our luggage? Thanks much in advance.

Suites in my experience get priority embarkation only. Debarkation is with all other categories.

What time is your plane? If you don't want to do self-assist debarkation where you take all your own luggage off but are the first off, tell the Guest Svs desk so they put you in an early number once they start regular debarkation. You go when they call your #, clear customs & immigration, and pick up your luggage in the section where your # is. If all goes well once the ship gets in, you could be off by 9 or a little after. If there are issues with ppl who do self-assist but need to collect their luggage so they get sent back to the ship, it could take longer.

Imagination was my second cruise and further cemented my love of cruising.

Cat 12s are nice. Very large cabin, mid-ship, mid-deck.

ENJOY!!!

There were ppl on the last cruise who went off with self-assist but had put out their luggage the night before and wanted to collect it in the luggage area on the pier. They had to get back on the ship since the luggage had not been cleared by homeland or customs or whatever. So those ppl were trying to get back on while others who had their luggage with them were trying to get off through the one door they were using. Big delays for the rest of us.

So if you put our your luggage, don't get off with self-assist. I guess that's it in a nutshell after my long explanation. LOL

Hope you have a great cruise! All of mine have been wonderful!

Archived