Group cruise with RCI-anyone set one up?

I'm starting to work on setting up a cruise for a professional organization I belong to for next spring. It would involve educational class presentations.

Has anyone done this directly through RCI or did you use an independent travel agent for this?

Also, what types of amenities, cocktail parties, individual cabin etc, did RCI provide as an enticement for the group to book?

Any pointers you can give would be greatly appreciated. We're Diamond + on RCI and are very familiar with cruising etc.

I'm starting to work on setting up a cruise for a professional organization I belong to for next spring. It would involve educational class presentations.

Has anyone done this directly through RCI or did you use an independent travel agent for this?

Also, what types of amenities, cocktail parties, individual cabin etc, did RCI provide as an enticement for the group to book?

Any pointers you can give would be greatly appreciated. We're Diamond + on RCI and are very familiar with cruising etc.

I booked a group work cruise for this December. Deposit is $500 per cabin, so works out better for those with 3 or 4 in a cabin.

You do get one free berth for every eight cabins booked, and it is the value of the lowest cabin type booked. They also have Group Amenity Points (GAP), that can be exchanged for a variety of things such as OBC, Wine in Stateroom etc etc, the amount of GAP points vary by cruise.

You can reserve cabins without a name but a deposit must be made on all cabins

Hope this helps

Simon

Archived