Ziplining in Skagway with Alaska Mountain Guides

SusieM

My daughter and I had the most wonderful experience ziplining with Alaska Mountain Guides.

We booked through NCL shore excursions (not sure if you can book on your own). The cost was only $98 compared to over $150 in Juneau or Ketchican. The guides were all very professional, young and energetic. My daughter commented many times on how helpful and non-threatening they were dealing with an experience that can be a little frightening. We felt safe every step of the way.

We were picked up at the dock and taken to Porcupine Mountain, there we were dropped of and had a short hike up to our "base camp" where we were able to leave our belongings. We were helped into our gear and then hiked a short way again to what they called the Indiana Jones course. There were 3 sets of obstacles that got you up in the air that you walked on and then a short zip. I thought this was a perfect way to get used to being in the trees and high off the ground. There was a series of 6 zips that progressively got higher and longer. At the end, I wanted to start again.

We had two little girls in the party (8 & 10) and they were very comfortable with everything. They even got stuck once (they didn't weigh enough to get them to the end of the zip) and they were fine. One of the guides geared up and went out to retrieve them.

This was a brand new zipline course, we were there on their 3rd day, yet they seemed comfortable and professional in every way. I highly recommend this company!

It was definitely in Skagway. I booked through NCL shore excursions so it may not be available otherwise. They have a website, perhaps since the course is so new, there website doesn't have it listed yet. I would say that you could contact them for info.

• 1 month later...

Oh good. It's about time they corrected the price on Alaska zipline tours. Typical price for a similar zipline excursion in Mexico is $90. For the $130 you pay in Juneau or Ketchikan, you could do an all-day zipline+ATV tour or zipline+Mayan ruins and have change left over.

Oh good. It's about time they corrected the price on Alaska zipline tours. Typical price for a similar zipline excursion in Mexico is $90. For the $130 you pay in Juneau or Ketchikan, you could do an all-day zipline+ATV tour or zipline+Mayan ruins and have change left over.

The ziplines in Mexico have 3 times as long an operating season.

I am in Los Angeles, it is 6:30 pm. I just checked the NCL excusion packages available for the Star leaving on Aug 29th. Nothing listed for ziplining in Skagway. I also just checked the website for Alaska Mountain Guides. No luck there. I would also be very interested in hearing more as I was looking to book a zipline for the Ketchikan stop for my 16 & 21 year old daugthers. Any more information would be very helpful.Thanks,

We are taking a Princess cruise and would like to do the zipline in skagway -- can you give me the contact info for the company you used - it sounds perfect. website? phone? can we book in advance? Thanks!

Archived