Fethiye in November

We will be in Fethiye for one day in late November. There are no regular private boat tours at that time of year.

I have contacted one company that would be willing to arrange a boat tour if we have enough people, but I am wondering if there may be better things to do at that time of year. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any tour companies to recommend?

We spent a day in Fethiye on our cruise last year (mid-October). We went to KayaKoy (the 'ghost town' that was deserted during the exchange of Greek and Turkish citizens in the 1920's), OluDeniz (the famous beach of which photos are often used in travel promotions) and walked in Fethiye (the tombs carved into the hillside are worth seeing.) We did it on our own (taxi and dolmus) and had a great day.

For recommendations on tour companies, you might be able to get some help from Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g298031-i1222-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

We decided not to do a gulet tour because we wanted to explore on land, and also thought that doing a gulet tour would have been more enjoyable if we were able to swim and snorkel. As it turned out, water temps were still OK in mid October for swimming and we enjoyed a dip in the ocean at OluDeniz.

Archived