Victoria Hotel Help

My wife, 2 adult sons and I will be in Victoria in August after a cruise. We will need 2 hotel rooms. So far I've found a 2Br/2Ba at the Regent for $312/night. I was wondering if anybody had any other thoughts of places for us to stay for less - either bed and breakfast or hotel that will work for the 4 of us. I'd rather stay in a 2 Br hotel room or b&B but 2 rooms in a hotel would be fine. Breakfast would be nice as well. We will have a car but don't want to spend my short stay driving...

Thanks

My wife, 2 adult sons and I will be in Victoria in August after a cruise. We will need 2 hotel rooms. So far I've found a 2Br/2Ba at the Regent for $312/night. I was wondering if anybody had any other thoughts of places for us to stay for less - either bed and breakfast or hotel that will work for the 4 of us. I'd rather stay in a 2 Br hotel room or b&B but 2 rooms in a hotel would be fine. Breakfast would be nice as well. We will have a car but don't want to spend my short stay driving...

Try the Helm's Inn

I had thought of the Helms Inn last evening but they do not have a two bdrm suite unless they have a connecting room that they can open to the suite.

Some other hotels that are close to the Inner Harbour and downtown would be the Empress, Grand Pacific, Chateau Victoria, Exectutive House, and Harbour Towers. I have stayed at the each of them over the years and know that the Harbour Towers does have 2 bdrm suites.

Hotels are expensive in Victoria during the summer so I am not shocked by the rate you are paying.

FYI a Phone Call to the actual hotel at the Grand Pacific got $40.00 off the best online Price according to a traveling buddy of mine. Last week (midweek first week on JUNE) Things are a little slow apparently and stores are showing vacant around the downtown.

Thanks

Your price sounds good for 2 bd/2 ba. I have a couple of other suggestions. One is the Coast Hotel. We always have good luck there, they have a shuttle to take you out to dinner, and you get a discount if you pay early.

The other is the Royal Scot. http://www.royalscot.com/

It isn't on the water, but is only a 2-3 block walk away, and still close to everything in the Inner Harbour. Some of the advantages are that it has laundry service, a good little convenience store that doesn't rob you blind, a good "library" with papers and games, and the rooms are a nice size and spotlessly clean, if perhaps a bit in need of some re-decorating. The only negative is that it isn't air-conditioned and can be very warm on the 5 nights or so a year when Victoria is hot rather than just warm. My sister has stayed there a lot for swim competitions and has never had a bad experience.

Viv

Your price sounds good for 2 bd/2 ba. I have a couple of other suggestions. One is the Coast Hotel. We always have good luck there, they have a shuttle to take you out to dinner, and you get a discount if you pay early.

The other is the Royal Scot. http://www.royalscot.com/

It isn't on the water, but is only a 2-3 block walk away, and still close to everything in the Inner Harbour. Some of the advantages are that it has laundry service, a good little convenience store that doesn't rob you blind, a good "library" with papers and games, and the rooms are a nice size and spotlessly clean, if perhaps a bit in need of some re-decorating. The only negative is that it isn't air-conditioned and can be very warm on the 5 nights or so a year when Victoria is hot rather than just warm. My sister has stayed there a lot for swim competitions and has never had a bad experience.

Viv

The Embassy Inn is another one in the James Bay area (midway from downtown to the cruise terminal), very handy. A block from the water, across the street from the parliament buildings.

Archived