Cruise Insurance=What policy works well for you?

I have been on isuremytrip looking at all the policies available for my family cruise of the panama canal. What specific policy and carrier do you use? Please share the key points that makes that one your pick. The insurance seems to be harder to decide on than the ship. All insight is appreciated.....

None.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

I have used travel guard on my last cruise and this year my insurance is coming from Royal Carribbean. If you have medical coverage already, you can get add on coverage..which last year I got from travel guard just in case.
No matter what you spend..if something unforseen happens, you will have a piece of mind!!

David................. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Days left til Explorer of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Carnivale 06/92,Fantasy 09/92,Victory 09/29/02,Legend 10/12/03,RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10/10/04,Carnival Liberty 2005

I use Travelsafe. Prices are reasonable,and if you get the policy within 15 days of booking,they will cover preexisting conditions.

i never use the cruise line's agent. Its more expensive and coverage may not be as good as outside company. Also,really had a problem with NCL's agency once- NCL put my insurance payment toward my deposit,then tried to deny a claim,when it was their mistake the posted the money to the wrong place.

I've used TravelGuard and AccessAmerica in the past. For our next one, I'm using Travelex. I read all the fine print and Travelex has some unique coverages. I wish I would have used them before, because they cover kids under 16 for free. My youngest is 16 now.

Since my family has health coverage good anywhere in the world, I care most about: 1)medical emergency evacuation and 2) trip cancellation/interruption. The rest of the coverages are just nice extras to me.

I also buy policies soon soon after I put my deposit on the cruise so that pre-existing conditions are covered. I include the cost of our airfare that we purchase separately so it is covered, too.

Archived