Regent/Vantage????

Misha

Hi.... I know I've read posts about the business side of Regent here, but really didn't pay too much attention. Are they now part of Vantage? and if so how does that relate to Vantage cruises? We've sailed Regent 7 times and are now thinking about a river cruise. I saw the Vantage name and thought I would check it out. We usually book a cruise while we are on board every year and are thinking about what we want to do next summer.

It is a bit confusing. Grand Circle and their affiliates (not sure who the parent company actualy is) purchased the PG from another comglomerate in 2005. Regent managed the ship under the former owners and continued to do so under the present owners.

Effective January 6 (may be a day or two off), Regent will no longer manage the ship or be affiliated with Grand Circle or Vantage in any way. I'm sure that CruiseCritic will have a section for the PG in 2010. In the meantime, for 2010 questions, most of us refer people to their website pgcruises.com.

Archived