any advantage to "declaring" your dinner slot (Carnival - Fantasy)

Brian132

I'm looking at possibly booking a solo trip on the Carnival/Fantasy out of New Orleans for September 19th.

One of the options is to choose early dining, late dining, or "your time". My first thought would be 'why wouldn't everyone select "your time", and leave that totally flexible?'

I've read that Carnival is good about seating singles together, and that the later you go (as a single), the more likely you are to avoid the families/kids crowd (obviously no offense to them! :)).

Is there any advantage to choosing the "late dining" option, rather than "your time"? Thanks for any input!

Brian

Looks like I may have found the answer to my question after all.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/yourchoice_dining.aspx

Elsewhere, I've seen it discussed that "Your Time" is similar to going to a typical restaurant on land; you roll your dice and take your chances of a table being available at your desired time.

"Your Time" also does not appear to give you the opportunity to eat with the same people every night (which to me is something I'm optimistically looking forward to, as I will be rolling solo).

i have always had good luck with carnivals "late" dining. i have had 3 past solos cruise and each time i choose late times and the table is at least 6 or 8 ppl table sized with equal men and women. so i still to this day email or text alot. thats my story...or my 2 cents. i have also sailed on the fantasy 2 times and i really enjoy that ship!! have a blast

Archived