What happens if you are late with a payment?

NolaZach

If you paid the deposit but have not paid the remainder. Mine is due July 2nd, but I won't get my big check until the 10th. I was wondering if they charge a late fee or if they just keep your money and leave you SOoL.

I can't understand why the remainder is due almost two months before the cruise.

I looked around and didn't see any discussion about it.

If you don't pay by your final payment date, they are free to cancel your cruise and keep your deposit. It happened to one of the folks in our party on our family cruise. Carnival cancelled it two days after the final payment date.

If you're looking at being 8-days late, I'd call your PVP and see if they can make any special arrangements. I doubt it, but it's worth asking.

I imagine the final payment dates are two month out so they have enough time to re-book the cabins of those who don't follow through.

If you're not booked as an early saver, you could cancel on July 1st, then hope for the best rebooking on the 10th.

Oh no I booked the non-refundable deposit.

That would be really ****ty if they could do that. Most if not pretty much every darn company gives some leeway.

I guess I will just have to eat ramen noodles every day till then and save poocket change.

Still, it makes no sense that you have to pay in full two months before.

If you paid the deposit but have not paid the remainder. Mine is due July 2nd, but I won't get my big check until the 10th. I was wondering if they charge a late fee or if they just keep your money and leave you SOoL.

I can't understand why the remainder is due almost two months before the cruise.

I looked around and didn't see any discussion about it.

Did you book with a TA or a PVP or directly via the web site?

It makes a diffrence. If you booked through the web site or a PVP you can contact them and work it out. Typically, they'll cut you the slack rather than lose the booking.

If you booked with a TA it's the TA's job to be your advocate with Carnival and therefore Carnival will not discuss your booking with you, only your TA...

I'm thinkin' that one way or another you'll be able to delay the eight days you need.

Regarding the final payment being due two months out, Carnival needs to protect itself against folks canceling and not being able to resell those cabins. Every line has similar requirements and, to a lesser degree, the airlines do the same thing.

:)

I've heard of them giving extension up to 2 weeks so 8 days should be doable. But only if you call and work it out ahead of time. If you just wait and pay it, chances are your booking will be cancelled before the 8 day mark. Call and get a late schedule set up.

Maybe they make it 2 + months out because they know no matter when they require it there will be people that pay late or not at all and they need time to get those bookings either paid or rebooked.

It all depends upon the length of your cruise as to when the final payment is due. Anywhere from 60 to 90 days prior. Also on the day that your final payment is due cancellation fees go into affect. If you don't do something by the day it is due you will lose your deposit at least.

Your given your final payment date when you book, didn't you notice it then?

Oh no I booked the non-refundable deposit.

That would be really ****ty if they could do that. Most if not pretty much every darn company gives some leeway.

I guess I will just have to eat ramen noodles every day till then and save poocket change.

Still, it makes no sense that you have to pay in full two months before.

Why is it ****ty of the cruiseline if you can't fulfill your contractual obligation?

No sense of personal responsibility?

Companies probably thinks its ****ty when people don't pay their bills on time thus making them late on their payments due to projected revenue.

Archived