My Time Dining - Winner

Nemspy

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day cruise aboard Carnival Elation and had a great time.

I was a bit worried because neither of us are particularly social people outside of our long-time group of friends and each other and the thought of dining at those huge round tables with 10 strangers sounded like my idea of a nightmare.

We booked "My time" dining, which sounded like a good idea for us, but I wasn't sure how guaranteed our table for two would be.

I should not have worried. Every time we entered the dining room we were immediately seated at a nice table for two with a pleasant view out the windows. I really love this addition to Carnival, I can only hope other cruise lines catch on that not everyone cruises to "meet people" (lol, I don't think I spoke more than two words to anyone other than my wife all cruise).

This was a really fun getaway for the two of us,

This was one of the things I was worried about too.... Me and my boyfriend are on a romantic vacation, not to meet new people lol so I didn't want to end up at this huge table with other people that we would have to shout over to hear eachother.

Yes. My dining is just that. No predetermined dining time. I'm not sure the largest size group they can accommodate but I know four is not too many. Enjoy!!!!!!

We like the idea of a certain dining time because we are extremely social people and we love the interchange at dinner. But, who knows, we may just go on a romantic cruise that has only the two of us in our group and want to sit by ourselves. I like the fact that we have that option.

Are you able to request a table for 4? I don't like the idea of having to hold up a conversation with strangers. I'd rather just enjoy the nice dinner with my family.

Yes, there were plenty of tables for four. Also, if a group of say, 6 comes along, the staff just push a table for two and a table for four together. It's all very flexible. We never had a problem getting the table we wanted.

Yes. My dining is just that. No predetermined dining time. I'm not sure the largest size group they can accommodate but I know four is not too many. Enjoy!!!!!!

We like the idea of a certain dining time because we are extremely social people and we love the interchange at dinner. But, who knows, we may just go on a romantic cruise that has only the two of us in our group and want to sit by ourselves. I like the fact that we have that option.

We liked anytime dining because we met different people every evening. You can request to sit at a table with others. We met some very nice and interesting people. We saw many of these people around the ship and stopped to talk to them. You actually meet more people with anytime dining.

We liked anytime dining because we met different people every evening. You can request to sit at a table with others. We met some very nice and interesting people. We saw many of these people around the ship and stopped to talk to them. You actually meet more people with anytime dining.

Well yeah, if you talk to them. The good thing about anytime dining is that it gives you the choice to ask for a table with others or a table by yourself. The best of both worlds. We "met" no one during anytime dining, but I'm pleased that those who want to meet people have that option too, together with flexible eating hours.

I love dining at the large tables and am very social, i like to meet & talk to new people, I think i may have to try the anytime large tables...the more the merrier:)

I'm not sure they have the large round tables for anytime dining - I could be wrong.

I can only hope other cruise lines catch on,

NCL has been doing it for years... started it as a pilot program on the Majesty in 2000 or so, and eventually rolled it out to the whole fleet...

NCL has been doing it for years... started it as a pilot program on the Majesty in 2000 or so, and eventually rolled it out to the whole fleet...

Yep.......need not to worry Nempsy......NCL, Princess, Hal, Carnival and RCCL are all offering "anytime" dining..........

I have some questions/concerns about this. We have yet to go on our first cruise which will be our honeymoon :) and we are still trying to decide what we wanted to do. Of course with it being our honeymoon I am interested in a more intimate dinner experience. But I wasn't sure how the schedule worked out, as in will you be pushed towards the back with a waiter who already has certain tables they are taking care of? And if we would be able to find a table or have to wait? Did you have a different wait staff every night and if so how did you tip them at the end of the week? Thanks!

Great info on the anytime dining, i signed up for this for my cruise next week because im cruising with my 7m old dd and besides the fact that i work around her schedule i didnt want to disturb anyone else during dinner. im SUPER excited now!

Will be trying Anytime Dining on our upcoming cruise and I can't wait. 6 is too early, 8 is too late some days. And although we like meeting people, dinner is the time of day we catch up with our dds and have our family time and plan our next day. :)

I have some questions/concerns about this. We have yet to go on our first cruise which will be our honeymoon :) and we are still trying to decide what we wanted to do. Of course with it being our honeymoon I am interested in a more intimate dinner experience. But I wasn't sure how the schedule worked out, as in will you be pushed towards the back with a waiter who already has certain tables they are taking care of? And if we would be able to find a table or have to wait? Did you have a different wait staff every night and if so how did you tip them at the end of the week? Thanks!

It is just like dining at a restaurant.......they will ask how many and they will seat you.......your auto tips take care of the waiters........

Not sure what you mean by being pushed towards the back? We have always gotten different waiters but some on here say you can request the same waiter if you choose......

It is just like dining at a restaurant.......they will ask how many and they will seat you.......your auto tips take care of the waiters........

Not sure what you mean by being pushed towards the back? We have always gotten different waiters but some on here say you can request the same waiter if you choose......

So you would say our chances of getting a table just for 4 every night are good?

So you would say our chances of getting a table just for 4 every night are good?

I'd say it's just about assured. Every time we ate there were literally dozens of spare tables - you just have to pick your time. Don't go right when each fixed dining session starts and you will be fine. Except for these 30 minute periods around the start of each session we found the dining room to be a walk-in, no line, no problem with tables at all.

Anytime and traditional dining are NOT mixed together. Ships with 2 dining rooms will have one for the 2 traditional sittings and the other will be for anytime dining. You choose one or the other for the entire cruise, no switching back and forth. Ships with one dining room will have different floors for each type. Your waiters will be just like those in a restaurant, they will be serving diners at their station at all stages of the meal.

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day cruise aboard Carnival Elation and had a great time.

I was a bit worried because neither of us are particularly social people outside of our long-time group of friends and each other and the thought of dining at those huge round tables with 10 strangers sounded like my idea of a nightmare.

We booked "My time" dining, which sounded like a good idea for us, but I wasn't sure how guaranteed our table for two would be.

I should not have worried. Every time we entered the dining room we were immediately seated at a nice table for two with a pleasant view out the windows. I really love this addition to Carnival, I can only hope other cruise lines catch on that not everyone cruises to "meet people" (lol, I don't think I spoke more than two words to anyone other than my wife all cruise).

This was a really fun getaway for the two of us,

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. But there is NO Rule that says you must sit at a large table in traditional dining. We do, but that is our choice, not a requirement.

I'm excited to try it for the first time in August. As I understand from my previous cruise, which was switching the following week, Your Time Dining will be in the forward dining room on the port side on Fantasy-class ships. This may have changed after implementation though. The senior waiters were assigned to it.

Thanks for the info! I just meant that by coming in late is your server already swamped with other tables or is it no problem to come in at any time? This sounds like a good idea, I agree 6 is too early and 8 too late. We might consider this if I knew we would always be able to get our own table for 2. We will be on the Pride next year, is there alot of tables for 2? Thanks!

I think it's funny that last year (maybe the year before that, it's all a blurrr) we had a pole here on CC and not to many wanted Carnival to change to anytime dining.......Now everyone is loving it!

That just proves how the polls on here are pointless!:D They don't represent the majority.......

Archived