Costa Serena September 09

pammieB

Not done a costa cruise before and I have noticed that it says you can pay a different amount of "service charge" which is automatically added to your bill. Can you opt out of paying at all as you can on other cruises as I feel 15% on all drinks is very high to be paying a further 6 euros or so per day per person on your bill or can you not accept the 15% on each bill?

Hi pammieB

No way of getting out of the 15% on drinks - that's a given. The other service charges for cabin cleaning etc are also on your bill. In Aus we can pre pay these charges - I do believe UK travellers get it added to the end of the bill - there were a few not happy people who were hit with 70 euro's on their bill at the end of the cruise. I'm sure someone else will have the answer for you as to whether you can opt out of this. The drinks though - no chance unless you use the X1 package which has the 15% included.

Regards

Archived