Fare change and getting a reduction

I checked the fares on the cruise we are taking, Aug 23 out of Tampa. The price for the inside cabins that I booked for the kids is $659 for the first two and then $399 for the third. In looking at the fares currently, the inside cabin is now priced at $599.

What advice can you seasoned cruisers in getting a price difference from Carnival? What's the fine print on this?

Thanks,

Maria

I checked the fares on the cruise we are taking, Aug 23 out of Tampa. The price for the inside cabins that I booked for the kids is $659 for the first two and then $399 for the third. In looking at the fares currently, the inside cabin is now priced at $599.

What advice can you seasoned cruisers in getting a price difference from Carnival? What's the fine print on this?

Thanks,

Maria

Are you booked on Early Saver? If not, are you past your final payment period?

Thanks,

Maria

If you have made final payment(penalty phase), you cannot get a reduction in your cruise fare. The only exception is if you booked using Early saver program. If you are not past your final payment date, you can call carnival or your TA if you used a TA and get the final payment reduced.

Rereading your post, it looks like your final payment isn't due for a week or so. If that's the case and you didn't use a TA call Carnival now and get your reduction. If you used a TA, you must go thru them.

Is the early saver where the deposit is non refundable? If that's the one, then I used that. And the final payment was June 9, and we are paid in full.

Yup, that's the one. Was your final payment due that day or did you pay early.

Either way you can get a reduction. If past Carnivals final payment, you can get reductions/obc up to 2 days before your sailing in the form of an On board credit(obc).

If you just paid early, you still can get an OBC.

Here is the link for the online form for requesting your reduction:http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

If you booked with a TA, you must use them.

GL

Yup, that's the one. Was your final payment due that day or did you pay early.

Either way you can get a reduction. If past Carnivals final payment, you can get reductions/obc up to 2 days before your sailing in the form of an On board credit(obc).

If you just paid early, you still can get an OBC.

Here is the link for the online form for requesting your reduction:http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

If you booked with a TA, you must use them.

GL

Thanks! You are awesome!!

Thanks! You are awesome!!

NP, and one more thing. Some poster have stated they had to be kinda persistent on getting the reduction. Seems Carnival is just as confused with what counts for a reduction just as the cruiser are:D.

GL

NP, and one more thing. Some poster have stated they had to be kinda persistent on getting the reduction. Seems Carnival is just as confused with what counts for a reduction just as the cruiser are:D.

GL

Good point Slim!

Beachgirl-Just make sure the cabin class with the lower price is the same cabin class that you have booked.

Thanks,

Maria

You're past final payment so you cannot get an OBC, BUT you can get an upgrade, BUT I suspect you want the kids near you so there is probably nothing that you can do. It never hurts to make a call ans see if carnival will do something for you.

You're past final payment so you cannot get an OBC, BUT you can get an upgrade, BUT I suspect you want the kids near you so there is probably nothing that you can do. It never hurts to make a call ans see if carnival will do something for you.

Depends on the fare.

The OP reports booking under Early Saver. Just need to fill out the Price Protection Guarantee - and wait for an e-mail confirmation.

Archived