Rum point eating costs

kken67

Due to new circumstances we are having to really budget at our port stops. Our other option was to cancel our cruise but we decied to go ahead but be careful. I was wondering about the food costs at rum point as i have read somewhere that is is really expensive. We already have a prebooked and paid for excursion that stops at rum point so trying to figure out what additional costs there will be. There are 2 adults and 4 older teens in our party.

Sorry if i sound like a scrooge!!!

Which excursion is it? If it's the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion through Nativeway, lunch is included. As long as you don't need any alcoholic drinks, there likely won't be any additional costs.

To be blunt, Rum Point food and beverages (especially alcoholic drinks) are expensive. That is the primary source of income for the location.

A basic lunch (pork sandwich with fries) with one soda runs about US$14. If I recall correctly the tip is automatically added to the check. This is common practice in Cayman, but not every place does it so look closely at the check.

One frozen alcoholic beverage such as a piña coloda might run about US$12 to US$15.

On the brighter side, use of lounge chairs is absolutely free. :)

If you are doing the Stingray & Rum Point Beach excursion through Carnival, you won't be at Rum Point that long. It's about 1 1/2 hrs. after you swim with the stingrays. Maybe pack some snacks in a backpack or buy 1 or 2 different items from the menu (they are big servings) and share. Have a great cruise!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Nativeway. Lunch was included and huge and yummy. We chose the catch of the day. It was great! If your food is not included in your tour, you could easily share a couple of meals - it was a very large amount of food!! Then have a snack when you get back on your ship! ;)

Archived