can i see camp carnival activites for Sensation?

phyzz

Camp activities are similiar fleetwide. We've personally done Sensation, so I have capers from there. But my 9 year old just did a 4 day Carnival cruise (Triumph) so the most recent capers would probably be better for you. :D

Click on the link in my signature. Then Carnival. Then display all. Look at the Triumph pages since they are the most recent.

Basically there are a few common activities that are done for that age group on ALL carnival ships. Things like Scavenger hunts, water wars and "swimming under the stars"

Also, just something that you'll need to consider before getting on the ship -- this age group has "Sign Out Privledges" if YOU allow them. And we debated back and forth about this before our cruise. We learned that if I didn't give my daughter sign out privledges, then she would not be allowed to participate in some of the activities (like the scavenger hunts). So I gave her Sign Out Privledges with my own conditions. ;) She was allowed to have them, but I met her at the club after every session. So the only time she used them was for the "special activities"

oh really ?? I assumed that sign out meaning actually LEAVING the group . ..Thanks - that was good info to know .

Yes, you would think so wouldn't you? I thought the same thing. But some other Carnival cruisers here at CC warned me about it before we sailed. So I expected it.

The scvenger hunts are "unsupervised" - so leaving the counselor, even though you are in a group organized by the counselor (my daughter was with a group of girls from camp competing against another group), then that means she had to "sign out"

The counselors told me that if we chose not to allow this, then she would be moved to the 6-8 year old group during those activity times.

now I am confused ...the scavenger hunt is unsupervised ? they let groups of kids run free on the ship ?

Yep. There are a few unsupervised hunts where the kids are able to "run the ship" (yes, believe me, I understand what you are getting at, I had the same concern)

The unsupervised hunts are:

People Bingo

Dress the Contestant

What's in the Bag

Oh and they tell you to make sure the child has a key to their cabin.

WHAT ??? how did they convince you that it would be ok ?? Not sure I am liking the idea of my 9yr old roaming a ship alone.

Yep, I totally understand. How did they "convince me". Well I guess they didn't convince me. ;) I posted a thread about it asking what everyone else did...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=999838

I spent days discussing it with my husband. I also spent a while discussing it with my 9 year old.

So I convinced myself.

I also told my 9 year old that she wasn't allowed in the private cabin areas. Only to have the camp counselors give her a scavenger list that included things like "girl swim suit, towel animal, sunglasses, bermuda shorts, post card, toilet paper" - so imagine my surprise when my 9 year old showed up at our cabin unexpectedly with some other camp carnival kids, looking for a towel animal :eek:

I am not Carnival's biggest fan right now, so you are not going to see me making excuses for why they would have that event for 9 year olds. ;)

Archived