Adriatic Explorer Trips

Hi,

Although we intend going on some excursions we are considering making our own way from Koper to Portoroz. Can anyone tell us if public transport is reliable in Slovenia? How much is the bus fare and how frequent the buses are?

The other destination that we are thinking about doing our own thing is in Kotor. We are considering making our own way to Budva, so I have the same questions posed above regarding Montenegro and its public transport.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Although we intend going on some excursions we are considering making our own way from Koper to Portoroz. Can anyone tell us if public transport is reliable in Slovenia? How much is the bus fare and how frequent the buses are?

The other destination that we are thinking about doing our own thing is in Kotor. We are considering making our own way to Budva, so I have the same questions posed above regarding Montenegro and its public transport.

Thanks in advance

You are in Koper on a Sunday which could mean reduced bus services (and by the same token, the town is very quiet too - so it seems a good plan to venture a little further afield) but when we arrived we were given some literature about the town including info on the bus services. It indicated these were about every 20 minutes to and from Koper (that could be weekdays though) but the little tourist info booth on the quayside was very organised so I'm sure you can confirm with them the frequency of buses. Prices are listed at:

Izola (one way) 1.80E

Portoroz (one way) 2.70E

Piran (one way) 3.10E

Sorry, can't help with Kotor - we just spent the day there trying to climb to the fort - but gave up about a third of the way up at the little church!!! and soaking in the atmosphere. It's a little gem. I'm not sure about public transport - it seems a bit remote as it is located on the edge of the fjord with mountains towering above the little walled town so how frequent or practical public transport would be for this destination, I'm not sure. The info from Destinations Services says 'The bus station in the centre of town has a fairly regular service around the town and beyond to some coastal resorts'. The ship sailed at 16.00 (all on board by 15.30) so there's not a great deal of time to play with here. By the same token we didn't sail from Koper until 22.00 which gives you a pretty good safety margin if you are travelling around independently.

Hope this helps a bit!

Archived