La Quinta Ft Lauderdale airport

luvluv2cruise

Okay so I tried and tried to get a hotel on S. 17th (Renaissance, Hyatt Place, etc.) for my pre-cruise on October 30. I was not successuful on Priceline. Apparently because of the boat show all the hotels are either booked full, the pricing is elevated, and/or they will only accept 3 night or longer stays.

My question is, is there any grocery stores or good restaurants near the La Quinta Airport hotel? Everyone says this is a very nice hotel but I don't think there is anything close by.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback.

I stayed there in November for my pre cruise stay. There are several restaurants, K-Mart, and BJ's in a plaza which is about a 5-7 minute walk. It is a very safe walk.

The restaurants range from Dave & Busters (long 2 hr wait on a Friday night), Ale House (sports bar type), a diner, I think maybe a Red Lobster, Wendy's, a soup/salad place.

We had lunch at the Ale House which if you use/show your LQ Card you get a discount. We had burgers, and they were good. We ate at the diner which was a fun retro place. Big menu and good food.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions...ask away.:)

Oh, and don't forget to put your name on the shuttle list when you check in.

Yes, I would stay there again. Did you have a code for an extra discount?

I was there right before Thanksgiving last year. I was meeting friends and flew in solo. You have to call the hotel (get the direct tel # on your confirmation) to have the shuttle pick you up. They came in about 10 minutes.

The hotel was clean, nice and safe. We went to the shopping plaza three times and purchased our water, soda and wine for our cruise. After dinner, we sat at the gazebo near the pool and caught up with our friends that traveled in from other states.

The breakfast in the morning has the basic muffins, toast, cereal, juice, coffee and did have a waffle machine.

The shuttle left about 11:45 but it depends on which ship you are on. I recall that someone on an RCCL cruise had a 1PM departure time and opted to take a cab which the hotel staff arranged.

There isn't any fine dining in Oakwood Plaza by the hotel, but my favorite food there is Ale House. It's a family sports bar/restaurant, very casual, but tasty food, everything from appetizers, salads/soups, burgers (yummy mini burgers), to entrees. There are televisions everywhere, so they will sit you so that you can watch your favorite team if a game is on. The locals love this place!

Archived