Moorish Delights - tomorrow!!!

Just checked the temperatures for Tangier on Saturday and it's going to be 35 degrees on Saturday!!!!! Portimao on Sunday will be 36!!! It's going to be hot, hot, hot!!!! :D

That's me done for 2 weeks now!! See you all on our return:rolleyes:

Ann xx

Just checked the temperatures for Tangier on Saturday and it's going to be 35 degrees on Saturday!!!!! Portimao on Sunday will be 36!!! It's going to be hot, hot, hot!!!! :D

Ann xx

PHEW !!! Ideal weather for sipping cocktails on the open decks, and thinking about all us poor souls still in work ;)

Have a great cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Ann xx

hi hope you had a lovelly cruise. me and my partner go on the 30th july for 1 week. any tips would be grateful. about the ship ( plug sockets) and the places we stop at especially tangiers. all info will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi Oaks!!!

Firstly sockets - we took a small extenstion cable with us, so we could charge phones, cameras etc and also for my ghd's.

Tangiers - is horrrible!!!! We booked to go on a 1/2 day trip at 10.00 a.m. only to find it was changed to a departure of 2.30 p.m. - no way would I sit on coach for 3 hours in 35 degree heat - so we cancelled, along with a few others. We got off the ship and were hassled all the way out of the port - which wasn't a pretty place, so we came back and spent the day on board.

Portimao is beautiful, get on the courtesy bus outside the port to Praia de Rocha (sp?), take your pool towels with you the beach is lovely. Gibraltar is only cheap for fags and booze. A woman said a t-shirt she'd bought to take on holiday from M&S was £3.00 dearer in Gibraltar.

Malaga - we did a 1/2 day trip to Mijas which is a lovely mountain village. Cartagena is lovely to just walk around.

The entertainment on board is fantastic - the best we've seen. The CD is Paul Fisher - who was Asst CD on the Spirit last year, his Assistant is Dan Kent, who is one of the singers in the team. They are a great team and there is certainly an improvement (which we didn't think was possible). Emma Boyd is Senior Entertainment host and she and her team arranged quizzes etc around the ship. The Top Men play throughout the day on the pool deck then in the Oaklahoma Lounge at night.

The Sailaway party is great - don't miss it.

Anything else you want to know just ask!!!

Ann

Hi Oaks,

Just to add to Steelerannies reply -

The socket (and there is only one apart rom the TV socket hidden high up) in our cabin was two round pin.

We did the Tetuhan trip which was interesting - a walk through the market -albeit "shufty shufty quickie quickie" until we reached the guide's "cousins" souvenir shop when everything slowed down.

The bus goes two ways from the port - to th elovely beach and to the town centre but it was closed being Sunday, however, the town square is lovely with a variety of bars, ice cream parlours and eateries around the fountain. The pipes of pan player just added to the relaxed atmosphere.

We found fags and those drinks the Destiny had were cheaper than the duty frees in Gibraltar.

Malaga - we did the trip to the Alhambra, it was expensive (£75 each) and a two hour drive each way. The wife found it beautiful (she had read the book) i was not impressed ( i was expecting something like Topkapi which it is not). The resturant and meal provided however was nice.

Cartagena - has some places to walk to but appeared to be primarily a shopping stop.

Cannot really add to Annie's comments about the entertainment.

Bon Voyage

Silver

Archived