Drink coupons...worth it?

ksatte03

Drink coupons...worth it?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Drink coupons...worth it?

• YES
    • NO

I was thinking about purchasing some drink coupons ahead of time to be delivered the 1st night of the cruise.

Does anyone think it's worth it to buy the coupons? Even if it's to save from having a huge S&S bill at the end of the cruise?

I personally don't care for the drink coupons. If you buy a drink that is under $5.25 they don't give you credit for the difference. If its more they will usually charge you the difference. Sometimes things get so fast paced that you forget and order wrong as I did with a bloody mary that was $3.75 and used my coupon. It was money lost. But it works for other people. I have read somewhere that you can get money put on your sail and sign card through guest relations. I'm sure someone on here can help you out with that. Happy cruising.

I liked having the drink coupons but I always order the 5.25 drinks. It is much handier in the show lounge to order a drink and not have to mess with signing the slip and giving them your card each time.:)

I didnt know about these on our past cruises, or else I would have

bought some. But I've already started stocking up on these and

cruise bucks. I bought 1 sheet of soda coupons for the kids as well.

I'm not going to buy too many, cuz I want to buy the drink (punch) card once onboard as well. (thats if its still offered in Jan.)

I received them as gifts from friends ,and they were a bit annoying

But there nice as a gift to someone .

I wouldn't purchase them for myself

I felt that they were more than worth it. I pretty much stuck to the DOD, and it was easier to just hand over a ticket than the S&S card. Usually, the waitstaff didn't charge the extra. I got to know one particular bartender and he would just bring me another drink in a different DOD cup and said don't worry about it. I ended up giving him an extra tip too.

I received them as gifts from friends ,and they were a bit annoying

But there nice as a gift to someone .

I wouldn't purchase them for myself

They are intended to be bought as a gift........we always get them from our TA and no I wouldn't purchase them myself either........

Certainly don't need another thing to carry around:D

Seems that you can save a bit, so why not. Cash saved allows for one more drink of the day. Plus one less surprise at the end of the cruise when you get your bill.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Even if they charge me a difference of a buck or two I still won't max out that credit card! Lord know I do enough of that at home!:rolleyes:

I was thinking about purchasing some drink coupons ahead of time to be delivered the 1st night of the cruise.

Does anyone think it's worth it to buy the coupons? Even if it's to save from having a huge S&S bill at the end of the cruise?

I ordered them for my hubby before cruising and on his birthday (a month before we sailed) I put them in a card..It was a cute gift and he was able to use them once we sailed..plus it got him excited for the upcoming cruise.

Where can you purchase the drink coupons? I just tried to find them on the Carnival website, but I must have overlooked something.

If you go on Carnival's website - click on "My Cruise" and then "Shop Gifts & Services". They're on the 2nd page of Most Popular Items.

Jenn

We buy them for every cruise. We don't look at them as a huge money saver (at best they only save a few cents per drink.) We like pre-paying as much as we can.

Yes, we could just purchase OBCs but the tickets work well for us. As someone stated earlier, they come in handy when ordering drinks while laying on deck or sitting in the theater. No fumbling with paper and pen.

We buy them for every cruise. It does save us money in the end. We use them for Pina Coladas, Sex on beach, Kiss on Lips, Miami Vice and a Few other ones. We usually just give a tip with them. they work great . Less bill at end. We find one bartender or two and use them most of the time. Already started buying them for Feb's cruise already.

Archived