Carnival Elation 12/11/09... Jr. Suite or Penthouse Suite???

tru2logan

Just wondering if an upgrade to the Penthouse suite is worth the extra $$$ and if its that much better than a jr suite. Would love some opinons.

I am taking my office staff on a "Christmas Cruise" instead of doing the same old lame Christmas party that we do every year. We will have 10 cabins, most of which are IS or OV, but for my cabin i wanted to get a suite. TIA

Carnival doesnt use the term Jr Suite, those are on RCL ships. Suites are cat 11 or cat 12, Im thinking you are talking about wanting a cat 12? Which I believe are also called penthouse suites.

Cat 11s on a Fantasy class ship will be like a normal Cat 8 on a newer ship like Conquest (2003) and about the same size, not all that large. If you want a large cabin on a older ship like Elation, sounds like you would be happier in a Cat 12. A Cat 12 will be about twice the size as a Cat 11 and hold more people if you ever want to have the rest of the folks to your cabin.

If you are trying to save money, Id try to book some of the old cat 5As for the rest of the group, which are now categorized as inside cabins, they have port holes and Id prefer one to a regular inside and they are the same price. I booked two on Riveria deck as 4As.

I dont know if you have looked at the s.f. on the suites or not?? This is from cruisedeckplans site.

Note: a lot of the Cat 11s are listed as obstructed and many are not very private from the complaints I have read.

Also note the whirlpool tub is only in the cat 12 on this ship. A pretty substantial difference between the two "suite" categorys. The downside to me of Carnival suites is you get no perks like RCL gives you, but the cabin is nice. (you get VIP boarding, no biggie to me).

Category 12: Penthouse Suite

Twin beds that convert to queen, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, two large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 330 Balcony: 70

On Decks: Upper

Category 11: Suite

Twin beds that convert to queen, balcony, private bath with shower, closet, safe, refrigerator, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with sofa and coffee table, hair dryer. The following staterooms have partially obstructed views: V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, and V42.

Avg sq ft cabin: 220 Balcony: 30

On Decks: Verandah

Thanks for your helpful insight! I def. will be booking the penthouse cat 12 instead of the cat 11. Also the tip on the old cat 5a's on the riveria was helpful. Notice they are at the very front of ship, anyone know if its too much movement up there??? Thanks again for all your help!

Archived