Celebrity vs. Costa

tcocktail

I cruised with Costa twice several years ago. Costa is heavily marketed in Europe and South America. All announcements, and there are a lot of them are done in 6 languages. Even bingo is done in 6 languages. It gets old very quickly. I found the food to be ok. Some dishes very good, some mediocre. The entertainment is very visual because of the multi language passengers. We did enjoy ourselves. I've never had a bad cruise, but I've chosen not to do it again especially in Europe. I would think that the percentage of nonenglish speaking passengers is even higher than in the carribean where my cruises were.

I have sailed the Millennium in the Med and the Costa Concordia Greece,Turkey, Egypt.

For me I enjoyed the costa cruise much more than Celebrity because when on Celebrity each day we returned to an American bubble--nothing on the ship reflected the fact that we were in Europe (for many this is a good thing--the Celebrity product is consistent).

Yes on the Costa ship there were tons of languages (on Celebrity is there an assumption that all passengers speak English?) and announcements were made in order of the percentage of passengers onboard--English was behind Chinese. I loved the international mix of passengers...but you have to recognize that costa will not be your normal American mainstream cruise experience.

I have sailed the Millennium in the Med and the Costa Concordia Greece,Turkey, Egypt.

For me I enjoyed the costa cruise much more than Celebrity because when on Celebrity each day we returned to an American bubble--nothing on the ship reflected the fact that we were in Europe (for many this is a good thing--the Celebrity product is consistent).

Yes on the Costa ship there were tons of languages (on Celebrity is there an assumption that all passengers speak English?) and announcements were made in order of the percentage of passengers onboard--English was behind Chinese. I loved the international mix of passengers...but you have to recognize that costa will not be your normal American mainstream cruise experience.

My thoughts exactly, a much more international experience. We have always found the crew to be excellent. But once again, this is the Celebrity board and most of those on here LOVE Celebrity that's why they are here. If you are open minded there are other cruise lines that can also provide a great experience.... but every experience may be different... not just like Celebrity.... but just because it's different doesn't make it bad

My 2 cents...

Archived