Juneau Shuttle from Mendenhall back to pier

PEPI2

It's my understanding the shuttle from Mendenhall Glacier back to pier runs every 1/2 hour. Is it hard to get a space on the shuttle back to the pier at the time you would like? If many have to be back at the pier around the same time, would that make for a huge crowd..more than the shuttle can accomodate? Do you often have to wait for the next one??

I have read on these boards that the MGT bus to/from Mendenhall can get crowded, and often passengers have to wait for the next bus. Plan accordingly so that you aren't late back to the ship. Our ship left minus a passenger in Juneau. (we think) Allow yourself plenty of time.

I have been in extensive lines, having to wait through several buses for a seat. Best is to not consider taking the "last" bus for your timeframe, and there is no way to predict. Having phone numbers of a cab may be a good option to consider, if your time is tight.

Something else to keep in mind....I watched Infinity drop lines and pull away from the dock almost 10 minutes early yesterday. (Yes, I watched the webcams. what can I say, nothing was on T.V :o)

Build yourself a bubble of time to be back to the ship. If they say be on board by a certain time, plan a bit earlier - I'm planning on 1/2 an hour.

Two weeks ago, the line for the last bus was long, we all knew that the bus could not hold that many people.

The bus driver allowed people to stand in the isle when the seats were full, and when that was packed he called for another bus to come pick up the remaining people in line.

No one was left behind.

Archived