Getting OBC from price drop??

TerriNM

We are booked on the Destiny 7/13 and today I read a post about a price checking shark :) Well it found a price drop so I emailed my PVP (I was at work and couldn't call) and he said he was in another department and I needed to call the 800#. So when I got off work I did and the PVP I got said since final payment had been made she couldn't give me the price reduction. Not even OBC. New policy she said.

Has anyone come across this or have you had luck getting OBC this close to departure?

Thanks!

CCL rep told you accurate info... the OBC opportunity after final payment ceased in Dec. 2008 for passengers that booked a past guest discount, sr. fare, military, etc....Then along came the "Early Saver" fares which allow OBC to be applied up till 2 days before you sail if lower rates surface.

But if you find a higher category stateroom at the same rate you are paying, there is a chance for a free upgrade.... you may want to check into that.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise ! :cool:

Look to see which empty cabins are on the ship and if there is one at the price you paid and then call and request to be moved to it. Better if you already know and have picked out a cabin if you can before you call. If they see a better one they may have a suggestion, but I call prepared so they wouldnt say no.

Thanks everyone! I thought people were getting OBC up until a few days but didn't realize that it was Early Saver bookings. I will look into the upgrades tho, thanks for the tip. With or without a price drop it will be a blast :)

We are booked on the Destiny 7/13 and today I read a post about a price checking shark :) Well it found a price drop so I emailed my PVP (I was at work and couldn't call) and he said he was in another department and I needed to call the 800#. So when I got off work I did and the PVP I got said since final payment had been made she couldn't give me the price reduction. Not even OBC. New policy she said.

Has anyone come across this or have you had luck getting OBC this close to departure?

Thanks!

This is correct, the policy changed in December of last year.

Archived