Quick Questions - Sorry

crestofawave

Final questions before booking the Monte Carlo - Rome on board the Wind departing on the 28th July.

1. Is it a mistake to book 2 vista suites rather than 2 veranda suite in order to save money and also thinking it might be safer for the children if we don`t have a balcony. Must admit i might miss the early morning coffee on the balcony though. Could my children aged 16& 12 stay in a suite ( hopefully next door) on thier own or would we have to split them between us parents.

2. Is the room service exactly the same for a vista suite as for a veranda suite ie room service, champagne, canapes,in room dining.Apart from the butler everyting is the same.

3. On formal nights, what colour dinner jacket, do men tend to stick with normal midnight blue/ black or go for the cream/white.

4. Is there informal dining on deck in the evening if the children don`t want the restaurant.

5. Is there an age limit for use of the on deck spa pooL.

6. On some review sites some people put Silversea service and food behind that of Seabourne - is this generally accepted to be true.

Sorry about this but this is going to be our first cruise and i want to make sure everything goes fine so that it is not our last.

Holidays are such an important part of life.

Thanks

Hi crestofawave; maybe you should rethink bringing your kids; I am sure they are well behaved but there is nothing for them to do onboard. Last time on the Shadow there was one teenager on and she was bored to death.:cool:

We have sailed on Silversea where there were various ages of children and teens, and all seemed to be having a wonderful time. They enjoyed activities on and off the ship.

You need to put an adult name on each cabin.

Room service is defininitely the same for vista and verandah.

Go dark on formal night.

Usually one night a week, there is a dinner on the pool deck.

There is no age requirement for the hot tubs.

Service and food are wonderful on Silversea.

My experience with Silversea (and Seabourn) was that there was one infant (a relative of the captain) on the cruise. He was adorable and the center of attraction (passengers missing their grandchildren?) There was absolutely NOTHING in the way of youth oriented activities. They will be bored. You might want to rethink your choice of cruiseline for your first family cruise experience.

Why not book a non-balcony next to a balcony...that way, you adults will have use of it, but the kids won't, unless invited!

So far, no child has "fallen" off a ship...it's only those who "over-imbibe" who take stupid risks and "fall"! (Or workers who have mishaps!)

No, cabins with and without balconies are on different decks. You cannot leave a child/children without adult accompaniment in any cabin by him/her/themselves!

Come on - 12 and 16 don't need baby sitters to watch over them. Not all Silversea passengers are millitant anti-children. If you are confident that your kids know how to behave in nice resorts and restaurants, then they'll do fine. Enjoy your family vacation.

I am not arguing either way which is right and which is not, I am merely quoting Silversea rules: copied and pasted from the Silversea website below:

MINORS AND CHILDREN

Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult over the age of 21. Silversea cannot accommodate infants under one year of age and reserves the right to limit the number of children under three years of age.

Archived