What exactly is a "Fun Pass"?

cellgirl99

I've heard alot of talk on the board & I still really don't know what this is or what the benefits are. Also how does one go about obtaining one & is there cost involved. I leave on the Miracle at the end of March & wondered if it is too early to obtain? Any info that anyone has is much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Megan:D

FunPass is Carnival's moniker for their online pre-registration function. The purpose is two-fold, 1) to obtain as much passenger information possible pre-cruise to satisfy Homeland Security requirements, and 2) to supposedly expedite check-in at the pier.

Correct, cellgirl. It accomplishes the former very well; but most cruise reviews state that the Fun Pass does not expedite boarding to any significant degree (sort of like Princess' Express or Platinum Check-In). Our group had several of each (and a few who didn't even pre-register). Bottom line: we all boarded at about the same time.

Al

To go into a little more detail, the Fun Pass has all of your information on it that they need for you to check in at the terminal. If this is already filled out, they don't need to enter that information into their computers. You can fill them out on-line at the Carnival Website as soon as you have all the information. It will ask who is cruising, what their date of birth is, if they have a passport, the passport's number, etc. It's their way of identifying you.

If you have filled it out prior to them issuing your tickets, it will indicate that this information has been given already on the tickets. Many people print out a copy of the Fun Pass to carry along, just in case. I haven't read where anyone has needed the copy, but better safe than sorry.

I'll add this: The Fun Pass Line was moving much more quickly than the regular line on my 11/1 cruise. There was a Carnival person asking, "Fun Pass filled out?" to everybody as they entered the terminal, and then directing to one area.

You asked about how to go about getting a Fun Pass:

Go to the Carnival website and click on "My Reservations" in the top right-hand corner. It will take you to a site to fill out your info.:) You'll need your booking number.

I noticed at check in that it took less time because we had filled out the fun pass on line. Fun pass is a computer form that replaces the additional paper work you normally do while standing in line waiting to check in.

Archived