Reservations at Supper Club

MaiTaiMary

We are heading out on the Conquest this Sunday. A few weeks ago I submitted a request for the supper club. We never received anything.

I just called Carnival. The rep was really nice but didn't have much of an idea. He checked around and found out that there is no confirmation or verification. The request supposedly goes directly to the computer to be printed out on the ship and placed in your stateroom. Since he has never even been on the MyResrevations page, I didn't get any warm fuzzies...

What's the real scoop? Do we get confirmation? Do I need to resubmit?

Thanks!

I sent in a request for the supper club on the glory, received back confirmation from the valor, replied to vasupper@carnival.com that there was an error and I was trying to reserve the glory supper club. The request was forwarded to glsupper@carnival.com and they replied with a confirmation the same day. I would be tempted to resubmit my request.

DH made a super club reservation for our cruise on the Spirit and we never received a confirmation, so a few weeks later, he did it again and got a confirmation about 3 days later and when we got on board they had only the one reservation.

I think it probably depends on the ship. We are travelling on the Carnival Liberty on the 11th of july, made reservations a few weeks back and got confirmation on today that we are confirmed for the date and time that we requested.

we had four res prior to sailing Freedom in May. Rec'd confirmation for each. Even with that, I would suggest confirming ASAP when you board. This is what we did and had no problems. Once we were sure which res to keep, we cancelled the other. We took this approach as we were not sure of itinerary due to flu and changes. They'll be set up somewhere when you board. Enjoy.

We were scheldued to sail Glory in October & made reservations for the supper club & received confirmation in 24 hrs.But,we have since changed our sailing to the Liberty,we made reservations but have not received a confirmation.:confused:

Stacie.

Similar story for us. We made reservations for our June 28th sailing but never got a confirmation. Resubmitted yesterday and got a confirmation almost immediately. I will check once we board to make sure we are not eating at 7 PM and 7:15.

BTW: can someone confirm that Key West on the 6 day Freedom Western Caribbean is not the same day as the captains welcome party? I heard it was the first day at sea.

We made advance reservations for our May 16 cruise but changed them and added another night once on-board. The Supper Club was not full to capacity any of the 8 nights, so for our upcoming cruise we're making a reservation when we board. We didn't see the need for advance res.

We are heading out on the Conquest this Sunday. A few weeks ago I submitted a request for the supper club. We never received anything.

I just called Carnival. The rep was really nice but didn't have much of an idea. He checked around and found out that there is no confirmation or verification. The request supposedly goes directly to the computer to be printed out on the ship and placed in your stateroom. Since he has never even been on the MyResrevations page, I didn't get any warm fuzzies...

Thanks!

Yes you should receive a confirmation of your dinner reservation via e-mail. Check your spam folder it might be in there. Dee

Last December I made Supper Club reservations for our upcoming July 19 cruise on the Splendor. We decided to cancel them. I sent an email requesting cancellation and this is the response I received.

"Thank you for your e-mail. We do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that your request for the Supper Club dinner reservation has been confirmed. You will be notified once on board at which time you may decline.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you on board!"

Thanks!

We are sailing on the Conquest 7/26, and requested our Supper Club reservations a couple months ago. We received a confirmation within a week. Since then, we have contacted Ivana, the Supper Club hostess with a couple of questions, and a reservation change, and she has been very courteous and prompt with all answers. Her email is CQSUPPER@carnival.com.

Get the ship warmed up for us...just 36 more days to go!!!

Thanks!

PWOR.....I made a reservation online, waited a few days and never received a confirmation....so I called and made the reservation that way.....If I see that, when I board, I have 2 reservations for the same night, I will just cancel one....

• 2 weeks later...

Background: Submitted first request, got no response. Called Carnival, got a mixed bag of answers ranging from yes to maybe not to could be to possibly to NO. Called Carnival again and got the same basic range of answers. When I pointed out that some people got confirmation, he got very snippy and said that they were not official Carnival reps and HE was the official Carnival rep and there is absolutely no confirmation. (This after telling me that under some circumstances there were confirmations and several other stories.)

Bottom line, I boarded and checked and, guess what, NO reservations. Only two night were full so I was able to schedule another night. It was amazing!

I sent Carnival an email asking when the formal nights were. They told me that it was definitely the first or second night (first one) and the last two full days for the second. WRONG... The second formal night was the night before...

Bottom line is that YES, you are supposed to receive an email confirming your reservation. If you don't get one, keep submitting. And, absolutely do not believe anything a Carnival rep tells you about the Supper club. There is a huge disconnect and the reps don't have a clue and the reservation system is completely messed up. But, it is worth the hassle!

By the way, we received our confirmation/invitation the day AFTER we dined there... There really is a big problem with the system... So, don't wait for your invitation!

Archived