Can I bring a case of bottled water? And other luggage questions

I'd like to bring a 24 pack of Poland Spring water on board since it helps me make sure I have adequate water intake for health reasons. Does it need to be inside a suitcase? How would I carry this? Are luggage restrictions the same as for an airplane?

Also, does toothpaste and other liquid sundries need to be the small travel size in a clear ziploc bag like airplanes require?

Thanks!

I'd like to bring a 24 pack of Poland Spring water on board since it helps me make sure I have adequate water intake for health reasons. Does it need to be inside a suitcase? How would I carry this? Are luggage restrictions the same as for an airplane?

Also, does toothpaste and other liquid sundries need to be the small travel size in a clear ziploc bag like airplanes require?

Thanks!

I put a luggage tag on the case and handed it to the luggage porter in NYC.

Luggage restrictions are similar to airlines, except there are few carry-on restrictions, so no clear ziploc bags are required.

does that count as one piece of luggage?

NCL does not count the luggage even though they say limit 2 bags. It's impossible to keep track of because 99% of all the luggage is handled by the luggage handlers at the pier and they don't care how many bags as long as you tip them.

Some other advice the water on board in your cabin and on ship is more superior than the bottled stuff your hauling on board let alone the empties and the enviroment.

You honestly don't even need to state it is for health reasons. While NCL's official policy is no beverages can be brought onboard, I have never read on here of anyone having a problem bringing on a case or two of water/soda, etc, and when we have brought them on they never said a word.

Enjoy your cruise.. 8-)

Some other advice the water on board in your cabin and on ship is more superior than the bottled stuff your hauling on board let alone the empties and the enviroment.

Not that I was planning on bringing a case of water but is the tap water in he cabin really ok to drink?

Not that I was planning on bringing a case of water but is the tap water in he cabin really ok to drink?

There was a long thread earlier today about bring beverages aboard.

It is just fine, trust the folks here to bring stuff onboard.

And, yes, the water on the ship is fine, better than bottled water according to many people.

And, it is almost NOTHING like the airlines. You do not take shoes off. You and have all the liquids you want. You are not asked over and over for your Id or boarding pass. You can carry much larger bags.

There is no reason to restrict the size of personal items, since you can put anything you want in the checked bags, which you will have access to shortly after boarding.

]

I thought the cabin tap water was crystal clear, odor and taste free. Excellent water. Same with what was poured into your glass in the restaurants.

How do you know that? Where is the water coming from? What chemicals does it contain? How clean is the water tank? Is there cross contamination? What kind of bacteria is in the water?

Never assume cruise ship water is clean.

Most of the detected gastrointestinal disease outbreaks were associated with cruise ships and were linked to food or water consumed onboard ship. Factors contributing to outbreaks included contaminated bunkered water, inadequate disinfection of potable water, potable water contaminated by sewage on ship, poor design and construction of potable water storage tanks, deficiencies in food handling, preparation and cooking and use of seawater in the galley.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs269/en/

I'll take my bottled water, thank you very much! :)

We are checking a case of water for our trip this coming Sunday. My issue is NOT with the water on board the ship but my issue is with the cleanliness of glasses in the room, the sink faucet, etc. With six of us, a case of water is 4 bottles each for the week.

And I am sure if you did some research you'll find bottling plants closed by your local health inspectors as well. They close everything else for health care inspections. Just because its on land doesn't necessarily mean the water is any safer than a reverse osmossis plant at sea...

Ever heard of the saying if you ever visited a meat packing plant you would never eat meat again?

Getting back to the real world, a ship's drinking water is as clean as any bottling company's drinking water....

Archived