Information directly from Azamara regarding Visas (Hong Kong)

makai 7

I had sent Azamara a question regarding visas for China as my travel agent said I needed one and I didn't think I did (only going to Hong Kong).

They were kind enough to send a file (applicable to US & Canadian Citizens only) regarding what visas are required for the ports they visit, and more importantly, which ones they will provide on board (for a fee of course :D).

Here's the information:

At this time, Hong Kong is not requiring Visas for United States citizens.

For Vietnam, the ship will assist the guests onboard who are required to obtain a visa for a nominal fee.

The below PDF file contains all the information we have with Passport & Visa requirements.

This information can also be found on our website under "What is accepted as valid proof of identity/citizenship for a United States citizen?"

Passport_And_Visa_Information_06-01-09.pdf

we didn't need a Visa for Hong Kong....but be aware that they check for fever both in the airport and the day before the ship docks. If you have a fever, you should of course isolate yourself, but I'd hate to have THEM isolate me:eek:

For Vietnam, you will need a Visa...we got ours at the SF Vietnam visa office, cost $90 cash each....don't know what the ship fee is. I suspect that there's a cheaper version on the ship (like a day pass).

You also need a China visa if you go there.

have fun

Archived