How is the Inspiration?

peppymom98

I used to be a crew member on the Holiday, which was the oldest ship in Carnival's fleet at the time. Just about every other ship in Carnival's fleet was nicer than the Holiday and in general, newer ships are nicer ships. I’ve never been on the Miracle, but because it is a newer it will be nicer than the Inspiration.

But they are both cruise ships, so you will have fun either way. I’d say go wherever it’s convenient and enjoy getting to know a different ship!

Hi,

I have been on the Inspiration twice. November, 2008 and March, 2009. The cruises were like night and day to me. We did not enjoy the November cruise as much, but it is strictly because my wife had an emergency root canal in Tampa on the day we boarded the ship, and she was in pain or knocked out with pain meds. the whole week.

March's cruise was outstanding. The crew was friendly and there was the right mix of young adults with the old geezers like me. (just before spring break!) The ship seemed to be alive with the young adults enjoying the sun, dancing and having a "few" drinks of the day.

The ship was very clean and the crew was always making sure that the ship sparkled.

I would recommend you cruise out of Tampa. You should spend the day before the cruise, in Ybor City! It is a renovated area in town, close to the cruise terminal. There are many restaurants featuring food from different countries around the world. You can buy an all day pass to ride the streetcar that will take you from one end of Ybor City to the other. At one end, it will let you off within a couple blocks of the cruise terminal and you can walk to the aquarium, which is right beside the cruise terminal. There is also a World War II, Victory class, freighter, tied up just behind either the Carnival Legend or Carnival Inspiration (whichever one is in port that day). You can visit the Victory ship and see how the sailors lived aboard the ship during WWII.

I really loved Ybor City. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Ybor City, and walked or took the streetcar everywhere. Try it, you will love it.

Lee

I sailed the Inspiration last August and found it nice. It's not as new as others and the interior seemed a bit dark. On the 4 day I was told "no escargot" in the dining room, on the 5 day they do have it. I was busy from start to finish and had a blast and am going again this August. Tampa is an easy port to go out of but parking is expensive, $12 a day last I remember with a recent move to go up to $15. Check the internet for the price. You can find a local hotel where you can leave your car for no charge if you stay the night before. The Serenity area at the stern is nice but fills up quickly on sea days. Port days it's empty!

We drove to FL last summer doing the Inspiration and WDW. The ship and cruise were wonderful. An hour after self disembarking we were in our room at WDW. Overall a great vacation.

If I had to do it again though, I'd do Disney first and then use the cruise to relax and unwind

pictures of the Inspiration at

http://web.mac.com/pekrause/Site/Carnival_Inspiration.html

Hi there! I just got off the Inspiration this past Monday - was on a 4 day trip to the Cayman Islands and back to Tampa. While I enjoyed my vacation, in my opinion, the ship is just OK. Our room steward was wonderful, service at dinner was just OK, as was the food, and I thought the public restrooms could have been cleaned more often. Nothing special about the ship or the crew in my opinion. Based on conversations with other cruisers on board, this ship seems to attract a lot of people that are from the Tampa/Florida area who are seeking a quick and inexpensive get away.

I was on Glory last year for our first trip with Carnival and it was absolutely wonderful!! Not sure I personally would book a cruise on a small ship again.

If you need a hotel in the Tampa area - I highly recommend the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point - superior staff, clean hotels and you can even purchase a cruise package where it includes transportation to and from the port and you could probably park there as well.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time whichever ship you choose! Many people love Inspiration. :)

We sailed on the Inspiration August 2008 and we loved it. It was my DH and I and another couple who were our friends. It was a 1st cruise for all of us. The ship is easy to navigate, we had great service everywhere we went and our food was amazing every day. I didn't do a lot of the activities but I still had a lot of fun. :D

We just cruised on The Inspiration June 6th. We had a great time. The staff is awesome, food was great, and we loved waterworks and the Serenity area. Tampa is a great port to sail out of. We would definitely cruise on her again.

You will love it. Same amount of fun, but just on a different ship. It may not wow you like the bigger ships do, but when you're on board I think that will be the last thing on your mind.

Miracle:

Capacity: 2,124 passengers Crew: 930 crew

Inspiration:

Capacity: 2056 passengers (lower berths)

2634 passengers (all berths)[/url] Crew: 920

Thank you for this thread! We just booked our November cruise (5-day) aboard Inspiration, so we're thrilled to be cruising again!!

Thanks, Host Mach for the pictures of your Cat. 12. We ALMOST booked one and then my 6'10" husband pointed out that for him, and his 6'3" and 5'10" daughters and myself, it might be even still a bit crowded for all 4 of us to be in that room together. SIGH. Someday....

Still, we're cruising and I'm happy for that. GRATEFUL. There's another balcony in our future; I have the cruise all picked out. :)

Archived