Miracle Review - June 9th - June 17th

Brenda33

There is a big difference in price between a balcony cabin and the Penthouse. Personally, I don't think the price of the Penthouse would be worth it. However, I did enjoy the extra space compared to a regular room. I believe balcony rooms are the same size as interior.......and those are small. We are planning our next trip for next June and considering getting 2 adjoining cabins instead of one big one....save a little money and have 2 bathrooms.

Two bathrooms are nice and that would give you a bigger balcony, too.

Janice

thanks for the review, sounds like a great time, and I really hope we can get on this ship this summer!

Question for you (or anyone else reading who knows the answer), how accessible are the tenders for the Miracle that go to Half Moon Cay? My DH has some mobility issues, and if the tender setup is anything like it was on the last cruise we were on (they used the lifeboats!) then it would be very difficult for him to get on/off from ship to tender. Is it very hard to get on, ie distance between the boats, movement etc?

Thank you

Tenders at HMC were not lifeboats but what looked like your typical 2 level "Harbor Cruise" type ships. A few people were boarded on the tenders while seated in wheelchairs, didn't seem like much of an issue. I recall Carnival said that they had the large-wheel chairs available at HMC so you can wheel through the sand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brenda,

We are going to be on the Miracle on July 11th and going to the same portss as you... I do a a few questions I was hoping you could answer.

You left out of NY right? If you did, how was the parking situation? Also, how early did you board the ship? When you talked about the full body massae on half moon cay and the clamshell, are those things you can book onboard to avoid getting sold out? My dad is not a sun lover like me and would like to make sure he gets a clamshell:). Also on Nassau we are also scheduled to do the parasailing excursion...I was wondering if you got to choose if you went up with someone or if the weather determines whether you go up single or doubles? On the parasailing I had asked carnival if my mom could buy a ticket but not parasail so she could see us and they mentioned observer passes...do you know anything about this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions:)

Nicole

Hi Brenda,

We are going to be on the Miracle on July 11th and going to the same portss as you... I do a a few questions I was hoping you could answer.

You left out of NY right? If you did, how was the parking situation? Also, how early did you board the ship? When you talked about the full body massae on half moon cay and the clamshell, are those things you can book onboard to avoid getting sold out? My dad is not a sun lover like me and would like to make sure he gets a clamshell:). Also on Nassau we are also scheduled to do the parasailing excursion...I was wondering if you got to choose if you went up with someone or if the weather determines whether you go up single or doubles? On the parasailing I had asked carnival if my mom could buy a ticket but not parasail so she could see us and they mentioned observer passes...do you know anything about this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions:)

Nicole

Nicole,

We did leave out of NY. We took a car service and did not need to park. We arrived early.....a little after 10:00. They started check in shortly after we arrived and we were on the ship around noon.

Regarding the clam shells in HMC.....I don't think you can book these until you get to the island....but I am totally not sure, so I would ask at the pursers desk as soon as you board. The massage, I also believe this was a first come first serve basis, but again I would ask to be sure.

The parasailing we did in Nassau was not a Carnival excursion. We were at the Wyndham/Sheraton on Cable Beach and just walked up to the guy on the beach and asked how much and if we could go together. Going together got us more time in the air. This particular man allowed another person he picked up just watch while a couple of her friends went up in the air. By picked up, I mean a boat comes to the dock and picks you up and takes you out further in the water for the actual parasailing.

I hope I helped. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks Brenda that did help!

Did you notice on HMC if all the excursions left out of the same area- the reason why I ask is because we have the aqya trax watercraft adventure scheduled from 11:30-12:45 and then the parasailing from 1:30-2:30... i called carnival and they said as long as you leave about a half hour in between then it should be fine but I didn't know how long they would last when I booked the excursions...I am a little worried about the time crunch :eek:

Nicole,

We did leave out of NY. We took a car service and did not need to park. We arrived early.....a little after 10:00. They started check in shortly after we arrived and we were on the ship around noon.

Regarding the clam shells in HMC.....I don't think you can book these until you get to the island....but I am totally not sure, so I would ask at the pursers desk as soon as you board. The massage, I also believe this was a first come first serve basis, but again I would ask to be sure.

The parasailing we did in Nassau was not a Carnival excursion. We were at the Wyndham/Sheraton on Cable Beach and just walked up to the guy on the beach and asked how much and if we could go together. Going together got us more time in the air. This particular man allowed another person he picked up just watch while a couple of her friends went up in the air. By picked up, I mean a boat comes to the dock and picks you up and takes you out further in the water for the actual parasailing.

I hope I helped. Enjoy your trip!

Brenda,

Can I ask what car service you used and where you are located? We are from Northern NJ and looking also to take a car service to the port. My DH prefers not to drive into the city. Thanks for your help and the review.:)

I don't know about where the Half Moon Cay excursions leave from. I don't think the island looks that big so I doubt its a problem.

Regarding car service....we used garden state limo. I got a $10 off coupon in the value paks that come in the mail. It cost with coupon $88 each way. They were very efficient and arrived early even. I was very happy with the service.

I don't know about where the Half Moon Cay excursions leave from. I don't think the island looks that big so I doubt its a problem.

Regarding car service....we used garden state limo. I got a $10 off coupon in the value paks that come in the mail. It cost with coupon $88 each way. They were very efficient and arrived early even. I was very happy with the service.

Thanks for the info on the car service. I will look into them.

Archived