Question about PG wine and alcoholic drinks

longduo

It was my understanding that a selection of wines are offered at no cost at both lunch and dinner and that any alcoholic drinks were available both in bars and in the restaurants at no cost.

A friend who is sailing with us on July 4 said that his impression from the final documents he received was that 1 glass of house wine was offered at dinner and that the only "included" alcoholic drink was at the captain's reception.

Is my friend confused or has there been a major change on the Paul Gauguin just recently? Say it isn't so!

It has been almost a year since I was on the PG, but I as Regent is still managing her, I doubt that there have been major changes.

Everything is included with the exception of the very expensive brands. Even before the all-inclusive changes, it was hard to drink more than you could get for free (how many coconuts of Mai Tai can you drink without falling down?).

I'm on the same cruise, and looking right at the section "Liquor" on p. 21 of the PG information guide, which says, "Onboard beverages are complimentary, including soft drinks, hot beverages, beer, and select wines and spirits. Guests may contact their stewardess or Butler for any in-suite/stateroom beverage needs." That is right in line with everything else communicated. Wonder if your friend perhaps got old information from a TA in error??? It sounds like the old policy before they were part of RSSC.

So, rest easy -- it ain't so! (got me nervous there for a second...) :rolleyes:

Your friend is wrong. It doesn't even jibe with the "old days", pre-all-inclusive, when you had free flowing wine at dinner and lunch, several free cocktails parties, but paid for drinks at other times. Now you can't really pay for a drink, unless you really want to.

It was my understanding that a selection of wines are offered at no cost at both lunch and dinner and that any alcoholic drinks were available both in bars and in the restaurants at no cost.

A friend who is sailing with us on July 4 said that his impression from the final documents he received was that 1 glass of house wine was offered at dinner and that the only "included" alcoholic drink was at the captain's reception.

Is my friend confused or has there been a major change on the Paul Gauguin just recently? Say it isn't so!

I have never seen a reference to drinnks in our final documents, and certianly not a reference to "one glass of wine at dinner." Are you sure your friend booked the PG and not the GP? =)

Just sailed June 6th through the 13th and am happy to report that alcohol still flows "freely" in every area of the PG! I'm not a drinker, so I did not get my money's worth, but my wife made up for it. She and Elmo became fast friends! :)

Just sailed June 6th through the 13th and am happy to report that alcohol still flows "freely" in every area of the PG! I'm not a drinker, so I did not get my money's worth, but my wife made up for it. She and Elmo became fast friends! :)

Elmo is the best bartender in the fleet!

Thanks for reconfirming that alcohol is still freely served on the Paul Gauguin! I don't drink that much, but didn't want them to start taking away perks right before we sail.

Obviously our friends misread their final documents.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived