Private driver/tour from Le Havre to Paris

budmeister

2009NCLJADE20403-vi.jpg

http://www.taxis-le-havre.com/taxitour/paris.htm

http://www.taxis-le-havre.com/taxitour/tarif.htm

A 10 hours tour would be 480 EUR for 4 persons and 580 EUR for 6 persons.

They are waiting just in front of the berth.

But if you need special language I would pre-book them.

We did not use them - so no idea how good they are.

Regards,

HeinBloed

www.taxis-le-havre.com. is a good place to start as the previous poster recs. They were booked up when I tried them in 2007.

We used Patrick Spiess for a private Normandy tour and transfer to Paris. He was a lovely driver/guide, quite knowledgable and developed a great itinerary based upon our interests. He also works with taxis le havre.

I will be using him again in 2010. His email: spiess.patrick@orange.fr.

Have a great trip!

Martha

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Can someone who has actually used someone/some company tell me how much they paid for a trip to and from Paris? Many websites are in French (obviously) plus I'd like first hand knowledge. Thank you so much.

Did you ever find anyone or a company you liked? I checked most of those above, no luck. waiting for 2 responses. miamitennismom maureen

• 2 years later...

We just returned from a cruise that stopped in LeHavre. There were six of us and we had arranged for a full day tour with Patrick Spiess (spiess.patrick@orange.fr). We wanted see some of the historic sites from WWII Normandy landing. He picked us right on time at 8:30 and we started on our journey. He had sent us an agenda which was great but he would have gone wherever we wanted to go. We started at the Memorial in Caen where we spent about 1 1/2 hours. It was the perfect place to start and a must see. From there we traveled to Arromanches to have a look on what remains from Mulberry artificial harbor. He suggested we have lunch here so he left us to spend a little time in the town. From there it was off to Longues sur mer where we saw the German gun battery (guns being still inside pillboxes). Next on the agenda was the American cemetery at Omaha Beach. Last stop was in the beautiful town of Honfleur. The trip cost 550 Euros and was well worth it. Patrick explained in his email that he was a taxi driver and not a tour guide, but he was very knowledgeable about all the places we went. He would stop whenever we wanted to take pictures and left the timing of our visits up to us. He made some suggestions as to the best timing which we followed and they were perfect.

His taxi was very clean and comfortable and he was very easy to understand. We would definitely recommend him to anyone and will use him again if we get back to LeHavre.

• 11 months later...