Digital photo storage - suggestions needed

psygist

Does Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ships have USB ports on their computers. If they do, I was thinking of bringing my cruzer San Disk and transfering my pictures from my Camera to the San Disk. Has anyone tried this.

The computers in the Internet Cafe on the ships are locked up so you cannot access any of the ports.

We are thinking about buying a digital camera before our Jan 23rd cruise, but I still want to put together a tradiitional photo album. I like the idea that with a digital camera, I could view the pictures and print only the good ones. However, I don't like the look and quality of most home printed photos. I am interested in the earlier suggestion that photos could be printed at a photo lab. Do they have the same quality, look and feel of traditional film developing? Thanks for any help.

A professionally-finished 5" x 7" photo, printed from a 3 mega-pixel digital image, is indistinguishable from a 35mm film image. Unless you're a professional photo-artist, where you may want to play with exposure, light and shadow to create artistic effects, digital is the way to go. Pay attention to the lenses, though. Perhaps the worst thing you can do is skimp on the quality of the optics. Just like with a film camera, the quality of the optics will dictate the quality of your photos.

Archived